I Had Radiesse Placed Under my Eyes and Now I Have a Curved Line of Redness and Lighter Skin?

It Has Been 3 Months Since Procedure and it is still there. What caused it and is there anyway to get rid of it? I would surely love input. Thank you.

I Had Radiesse Placed Under my Eyes and Now I Have a Curved Line of Redness and Lighter Skin. It Has Been 3 Months Since

+1

This will likely resolve slowly over time, but I think that an exam would be necessary with your description.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Radiesse under the Eyes

+1

I usually do not use this filler under the eyes.  There is no way to dissolve it, but it will dissipate over time.  Your injector might want to try a very dilute Kenalog injection to see if that helps with the redness and inflammation that you are having.  The "lighter skin" might be due to the produce itself as it is white.  

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Radiesse can last up to a year.

+1

Radiesse is not a suitable option to fill the tear troughs - better options are Restylane and Juvederm. Radiesse may last up to a year or more, and there is very little that one can do to remove it. However, the volume injected does go down over a period of time - so there will be some improvement over time - but I am afraid, you will have to be prepared for a good wait.

Good luck!

Renita Lourdhurajan, MD, DNB
India Dermatologist

Radiesse under the eyes

+1

Radiesse can be used quite safely for the tear troughs under the eyes, but only by a very experienced injector. I have been injecting Radiesse into this area on a daily basis for many years and have never had a patient tell me they were not happy with the result. Radiesse needs to be diluted and softened properly by mixing with lidocaine just prior to the injection. It is then injected deeply, in small quantities, and is gently smoothed into place. When done right, it gives a nice result that is much longer-lasting than using hyaluronic acid fillers in this area. Since Radiesse is not reversible, it is especially important to remember that the experience and technique of the physician injecting Radiesse is the most critical part to your achieving a beautiful, natural result.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon