Will Radiesse Injections Cause Keloid Scars?

I have keloid. I am going to have Radiesse done around the mouth. Is this safe? Will it scar?

Radiesse and keloids

+3

There are no guarantees in medicine so the answer to your question is that it is possible. However, it would be extremely rare as I have never seen or heard of keloid formation from facial fillers.

Radiesse and keloid scarring

+2

Hi,

In my experience I have not found a link or increased risk of Keloid formation and Radiesse injections. We can never say that it will not happen, but with the large amount of injectables available, this problem has been extremely minimal if ever been seen. Live well.

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse Injections, Will They Stimulate Keloid Formation?

+2

Hi 2 wish,

We have not seen or heard of keloid formation from the small needles used for Radiesse injections.  What has been observed rarely in patients with darker skin types is hyperpigmentation (darkening of the skin) at needle puncture sites.

Be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

The answer is 99.9% No

+2

Keloids form when incisions are made through the skin in rare cases but not from use of injections of needles into the skin.  I have been doing filler injections for 25 years and have never seen a problem with keloids.

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon