Getting Radiesse a Month Before Engagement Pary in May, Will I Recover In Time?

Hi, I it's end of march now and I wanted to know if it's a wise decision to get radiesse beginning of april for the engagement party in the beginning of may. I really want some lift in my cheeks and for my n/l folds to disappear. what do you guys think? should I do it now and will I have time to recover?? thanks,

Radiesse and the big party

+2
A month is enough time for the bruising to have resolved. If you have not had filler before and have concerns about how it might turn out, then consider Restylane because, it you are unhappy with it, there is an antidote and it can be reversed in time for the big day.

+1

It's very common to have minor bruising and swelling after having fillers injected. Plan accordingly and give yourself at least 2 weeks to heal avoid canceling any future plans. Seek a reputable board certified physician to achieve the results you wish to receive.

Recovery from Radiesse should be very quick, especially if you have it injected with blunt cannulas

+1

Radiesse has a characteristic swelling for a few days after injection.  There is nothing that can be done to combat that.  However to get the fastest recovery, use blunt cannulas so there is minimal bruising and less swelling.  You can see the video attached in which I injected about 8 syringes of Radiesse plus about 3 of Belotero (a liquid facelift) and then she left to go to work.  The only bruising she had was from the Belotero which was injected with a needle for the very superficial fine lip lines.  Steve Weiner, MD, Between Destin and Panama City Beach, Florida.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Radiesse and Timing

+1

A month is generally sufficient in the hands of an expert injector.  However, leave enough time to do a small touchup if needed.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Radiess recovery time

+1

Radiesse or any other filler requires at most 2 weeks of recovery time as far as swelling, bruising etc. You should not have any problems if you are in experienced hands ; leaving 1-2 weeks time for a touch-up just in case is always a good idea too.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse before important social event.

+1

A month would typically be enough time to heal from a facial injectable. More importantly is that it is done correctly and that a skilled injector is performing the treatment. Also it's wise to leave yourself a little extra time to perform a minor touch up if needed. best of luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

+1

The minimal amount of swelling and brusing will surely be gone in a month however, if the MD doesn't understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face...the Radiesse will be in full force as will the un-aesthetic results.  You might want to consider using Perlane and have it done sooner with an MD that knows the proper facial aesthetics required in facial shaping and augmentation with fillers and or implants.  

Radiesse

+1

Radiesse filler treatment 1 month before an important event should give you enough time for the material and any potential short-term bruising and swelling to settle

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

Timing of Radiesse Injections with Important Event

+1

One month between the injections and your event is enough time to allow the treated areas return to normal. Side effects associated with filler injections such as Radiesse include temporary redness, swelling and bruising. All typically resolve within one week or less, however, I think it is good you will have a month between the treatment and your event. I wouldnt do any treatments to your face within 2 weeks of your party.

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Timing of Radiesse injections

+1

One month is plenty of time to return to normal after Radiesse injections. Typical side effects associated with Radiesse injections include bruising, redness, swelling and pain. These occur in as high as 90% of patients and usually resolve within one week. It is possible that some of these side effects may be affected by the injection techniques such as fan like injections, higher injection volumes, and more rapid injection times. Radiesse is a better, longer lasting filler for volume replacement than hyaluronic acid-containing fillers. Radiesse is injected deeper, beneath the skin, and will generate more volume to create a much better lifting effect 

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon