I had Radiesse injected into the bridge of my nose today. Can Radiesse Migrate?

I had Radiesse injected into the bridge of my nose today, and all day long the Radiesse has been moving down along the rest of my nose (till the middle)! I have to constantly push it back up since it's making the rest of my nose look all bumpy. I was told this was not possible and that it would stay put. But it is happening and I have many witnesses to this phenomena. WHAT IS GOING ON?

Malleable but not mobile

+1

Radiesse injected into the proper plane should not migrate.  It is malleable and I suggest that my patients not put a heavy pair of sunglasses on top of the sites injected (in my practice, usually the cheeks, cheekbones, and nasolabial folds) as they may see a "dent" or impression.  You may more likely be noticing fluid from swelling that you are able to manipulate.  I would return to your physician or seek a second opinion.

Radiesse and Migration

+1

Radiesse, also known as calcium hydroxyl apatite, is an excellent filler for deep lines and folds.  In my opinion, it should not be injected in the lip or around the mouth -- whenever we speak, eat, sip from a straw, etc. we are using a muscle known as the orbicularis muscle -- and if Radiesse is injected into the lip or mouth area, as the orbicularis muscle contracts, like a purse string, it can push the filler and it can move. 

Deborah Sarnoff, MD

Radiesse is very stable in the location it is placed.

+1

Radiesse is very stable in the location it is placed.  If the Radiesse is artfully applied for a good cosmetic correction, it should not move from the location where it is injected.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse in the nose moving

+1

Greetings~

You shouldn't see the Radiesse moving in the nose. Though it remains malleable for a few hours, if injected in the properly depth in the skin it shouldn't 'move'.  You may have a certain amount of fluid accumulation and swelling which can be fluctuant, move-able or able to be distorted. The lidocaine or the carrier that the Radiesse is in may appear to do the same. When in any doubt, return to the office that injected you and have them look at your nose.  In the meantime, don't massage, apply ice, take an anti-inflammatory.  If you continue to massage the area you can cause more swelling and may indeed push the product out of place.

Best of luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens      

Grant Stevens, MD

Radiesse in the Nose

+1

Radiesse can be very effectively used in the nose and can give excellent results when injected properly. However, this is an advanced injection technique and should only be done by experienced injectors. The "migration" of Radiesse you are experiencing might only be due to swelling and fluid accumulation and may not be the Radiesse itself. You should return to your injecting physician for further evaluation.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse

+1

I don't put Radiesse in the nose, because it is very thick and hard to disguise under the thin nose skin.  It can be mobile for several hours after treatment then it hardens.  It is injected with a protein carrier as well as typically Lidocaine, so that may be what you are noticing.  I would return to your physician for evaluation.

Melanie L. Petro, MD
Alabama Facial Plastic Surgeon