Is Radiesse Commonly Injected to the Cheeks for Jawline Contour?

My doctor says Radiesse is injected into the cheeks for jawline contour, not into the jaw area. I want the slightest addition to my malar area and this would pull the jowls back some. Does this make sense and is it something that is commonly done? The injector who did my cheeks says that's not how it's used.

Filler

+2

Injection of filler to the malar area will NOT change your jowles.

In very selected few the pre-jowles area is depressed and accentuate the jowles. In those cases the pre-jowle area is filled.

lifting the jowles is done only by surgery, FACE LIFT.

Many people want to avoid surgery and that is understandable but fall in the trap of minor procedures that does not improve them and get disappointed because they spent all that money with no improvement.

Fillers for cheek and jawline

+2

Volume augmentation of the face involves an art. It also involves communication with the patient to understand what that individual would like to achieve and then to explain what area will be filled to accomplish the result. If there is a slight jowl, a drop in part of the lower cheek over the jawline, then Radiesse can be used in the inner and mid cheek compartments to help support the cheek better. This will not bring the jowl up completely. Some Radiesse may be injected into the prejowl sulcus which is the area between the jowl and the chin that appears depressed in contrast to the hanging jowl. Radiesse can also be injected into the angle of the jaw at the back of the jaw to create a straighter appearance of the jaw line. Depending on your anatomy, you may have had the best treatment. The same exact treatment is rarely the same for different patients.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Jawline correction

+1

Radiesse is an excellent option for correcting pre-jowl sulcus, the empty areas in front of the jowls. This restores a young straight , well-defined jaw line. It can also be used to restore the fullness in hollow cheeks, that can occur with aging.

Khaled El-Hoshy, MD
Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse and non-surgical facial contouring for cheeks or jawline

+1

Generally when attempting to treat the jowls with non-surgical techniques the filler is placed just in front of the jowl (in the labiamandibular or "pre-jowl" area.) Although filling the cheeks may "lift" the jowl, it would likely take tremendous volume.