Radiesse Lumps - After a Year? (photo)

The two white areas under my bottom lip are filled with product. Above my left (rt on photo) lip I have a piece that feels like macaroni under the surface. Is broken blood vessels common with this?

Radiesse Lumps - After a Year?

+1

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to dissolve Radiesse, fillers can vary from each individual but typically last 8-14 months. The best option for you is to wait it out till it dissolves on its own. I normally would use Juvederm or Restylane around the mouth. See your medical provider for a follow-up exam to re-evaluate the area

Best regards

Lumps After Radiesse

+1

After an injection of Radiesse, patients may experience redness, bruising, swelling or other local side effects. Most side effects of treatment resolve within a few days. More rare side effects may include swelling that lasts longer, unevenness or firmness in the area injected, and as with any injection, there may be a risk of infection. My recommendation would be to go back to the doctor who performed the treatment, have him or her analyze the lumps, and develop a plan to resolve the issue. Best of luck.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Radiesse around the lips

+1

In my experience, other dermal fillers, such as Restylane or Juvederm, are much better aroung the mouth area. If Radiesse was used. there may be parts of the calcium that "bubbles up" and may be noticeable. These may have to be removed (small incision) to fix. 

Sandy Sule, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse Lumps - After a Year?

+1

You might want to go back and ask the MD that did your Lip Augmentation with fillers to be sure Radiesse is what was injected.  Radiesse should be gone after a year and it appears that the injected material has dropped well below the lip border.  I suspect that this may not be Radiesse but more likely a permanent filler like Artecol or Silicone.