Radiesse or Lipo for Lifting Jowls and Marionette Lines?

45 yrs old. Within a year period I have had Radiesse, Restalyne, and Juvaderm Ultra-Plus for my marionette lines. Minimal results that lasted apprx two months.

Now my doctor is recommending Radiesse in my upper cheeks to lift jaw line and marionette lines. I can't afford a mini face lift. Maybe lipo around jowl area would work? Thanks

You will have a better result with minilift

+2

You already have spend a lot of money and you could had the surgery. Filler are great option in right patients. If you will be happy with minimal result, then it is reasonable to try fillers,but do not expect much check lift.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

A face lift is likely your best option

+2

I am not a proponent of injecting fillers in the mid face to "lift" the lower face. This would take alot of filler and likely look strange. You already have prominent cheeks and I do not see any advantage to additional fillers for you . Personally, my advice would be to save your money for a face lift

Jowls and marionette lines

+2

Hi,

From looking at your picture I can tell that injectable treatments would only provide minimal improvement at best. The marionnette area is very difficult to fill enough to completely flatten once it has reached a certain point. Cheek filler procedures using Radiesse can have very nice results with a wonderful impact on the face overall, however the lifting effect is minimal and not likely to give you what you are looking for in the lower face.

A minilift would certainly help with this area. My recommendation would be to discuss financing options with your surgeon. With all that you have spent on injectsbles in the past year, a significant portion could have been paid off. I hope this helps.

Behrooz Torkian, MD

Save for a facelift

+1

Injections are not the gold standard but certainly can provide some improvement.   Neurotoxins have been used in the corner of the mouth  with good success.  This can turn the corner of your mouth upwards and together with fillers  should  improve the areas that bother you.  The proposed cheek injections will not change  the look of the corner of your mouth.

I suggest that you save your money for a facelift.  

Dr Grant Stevens  

Grant Stevens, MD

How to improve jowl and marionette lines

+1

The correct answer is always more likely to follow if the question is heard correctly. The youthful face is an inverted triangle. As we age, with the descent of the cheek fat, the face becomes more rectangular. By revolumizing the central third of the face with Radiesse or Sculptra a more triangular shape, a more youthful shape can be achieved.

Using tumescent liposuction to shave down the jowl pockets and revealing a more crisp jawline may also be beneficial. However, I believe the best correction for your face to be a rhytidectomy (facelift). I suspect any lessor procedure will not be the right answer to the question you are asking and you will be dissatisfied.

Pamela Carr, MD
Sugar Land Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers vs. facelift

+1

For those patients who are dead set against having surgery, and don't mind repeated visits, even more than once per year, volumization may help them significantly obtain improvement in their appearance. Botox on the neck underneath the jowl can be done as an off-label use with some benefit to lift the cheek, liposuction can be done on the jowl (but this is surgery and there are risks) and tightening devices might improve the appearance, but all these treatements will not give you the same good result as a facelift it appears. It might be more cost effective for you to have the lift, although, you should realize that some patients still benefit from some filler for smile folds after a lift.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Have a Jowl Lift or Mini Facelift instead of fillers or Lipo

+1

Better to have a jowl lift or mini facelift. The options you wish will not address the issues. Radiesse or any filler will only improve slightly the lines or folds. Lipo is not a choice I would ever consider. Regards.

Filler or Facelift

+1

I dont know what you have spent this year on all that filler, but I would recommend waiting, save your money and then get a facelift, which is what I really think you need and would benefit most from.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Sculptra to Replace Large Facial Volume Loss

+1

Hi New,

Sculptra done properly will restore volume to your face, at an approximate cost of 4 to 5 thousand dollars for complete correction.  Your alternative is to save for surgical correction.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

You need facelift for your jowls

+1

I know you do not want to hear this, but, fillers WILL NOT SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS. You need a mini or full face lift.

Do not liposuction the jowls, as we do not want to take fat from the face. As we age, we lose fat in the face.

We replace the jowl fat back where it belonged. Possibly, fat injection to the face may help, but may be as expensive as a face lift.