How Long Does Radiesse Mixed with Lidocaine Last?

6 months to a year

+1

Hi!

Lidocaine does not change the duration of Radiesse.  Depending on the technique, and also depending on what part of the face is injected, Radiesse lasts between 6 months and a year.

Radiesse with Xylocaine

+1

I have been using Radiesse with Xylocaine for more than a year and find no difference in the length of time that the Radiesse will last.  It only takes a very small amount of the Xylocaine and it makes a big difference in patient tolerance.

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Likely as long as Radiesse without lidocaine

+1

Adding lidocaine to Radiesse has becomne the standard of care. It allows the Radiesse to flow more smoothly, and makes the procedure virtually painless. I did a study evaluating Perlane with and without added lidocaine and it had no effect on duration. I am not sure if a formal study was similarly done with Radiesse, but my patients are not reporting a difference. I did not, however, do a formal study so this information is anecdotal.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist