How Long Does Radiesse Mixed with Lidocaine Last?

6 months to a year

Hi!

Lidocaine does not change the duration of Radiesse.  Depending on the technique, and also depending on what part of the face is injected, Radiesse lasts between 6 months and a year.

Radiesse with Xylocaine

I have been using Radiesse with Xylocaine for more than a year and find no difference in the length of time that the Radiesse will last.  It only takes a very small amount of the Xylocaine and it makes a big difference in patient tolerance.

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Likely as long as Radiesse without lidocaine

Adding lidocaine to Radiesse has becomne the standard of care. It allows the Radiesse to flow more smoothly, and makes the procedure virtually painless. I did a study evaluating Perlane with and without added lidocaine and it had no effect on duration. I am not sure if a formal study was similarly done with Radiesse, but my patients are not reporting a difference. I did not, however, do a formal study so this information is anecdotal.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist