Radiesse is Not Lasting More Than 5 Months & Becoming Resistant to Botox/Dysport - Why?

I've been using botox about twice a year for 6 yrs & I am using "more than a grown man"- switched to dysport & same thing. Using Radiesse in "monkey mouth" & cheeks and it doesn't last more than 5 months. I feel like I just absorb and breakdown this stuff. I don't where else to go from here.Is this normal for Radiesse and should I try something else (sculptra or something)? Where do people go after botox/dysport aren't working. I am pouring money down the drain chasing all of this. Thanks

Why Aren't my Botox and Radiesse Injections Lasting?

+1

Hi Melanie.  Between patients, there are certainly varying degrees of longevity, but it sounds like your experience is unusual.  

Regardless of which area of the face Radiesse is injected into, you should be getting a minimum of 6-9 months duration and more likely a year.  With Botox and Dysport, it should be a minimum of 3 months.  You did not say how long the Botox/Dysport is lasting so we wondered how you were judging the fact that you are becoming resistant.

You may want to consider finding another injector if the issue is technique.  If the product is not hitting the mark then your duration issues may have to do with technique.  Lastly, make sure that you are getting the right amount of product.  Do you know exactly how many Botox/Dysport units are being injected or how large of a syringe of Radiesse?

Longevity of Fillers relates to the areas receiving the fillers and the technique of placement

+1

Longevity of Fillers relates to the areas receiving the fillers and the technique of placemen. While some fillers inherently last longer than others, almost all will last a minimum of 6 months.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Botox and dysport fading quickly and Radiesse resorbing fast

+1

If your filler is leaving quickly, one question is if it is being placed too deeply. If it is your metabolism, then you may wish to try fat injections or Sculptra.  If Botox and dysport are being resorbed too quickly, then the number of units need to be analyzed. In my practice, for Botox in the glabella between the eyebrows, some women need 25 to 35 units and three times that for Dysport.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Best Treatment for Botox/Dysport and Filler (Radiesse) Resistance

+1

HI Melanie,

It depends on your age and the quality of your skin.  If you're loose (not as a woman, but skin wise), you need some form of tightening of your skin either from surgery or fractionated CO2 laser before fillers will be effective. I have not experienced patients who have become resistant to Botox and Dysport (perhaps trying another physician injector is in order, or higher doses).  There is another new botulinium neuromodulator, Xeomin (I have just begun offering to my patients), which you may try.  Good luck and be well. 

Dr. Persky

Encino, CA

Michael A. Persky, MD

Radiesse not lasting.

+1

It may not be placed superficial enough. See an experienced injector and take good before and after photos. Also, remember it is diluted so part of the effect will be lost in the first few days. I have never seen a patient where Botox did not work!

Radiesse not lasting as long

+1

Radiesse works best and lasts longer if injected in the upper dermis close to the dermal epidermal junction. The most common cause for Radiesse not lasting as long as expected is injection technique. If the product is injected deeper than it should, it will be broken down and reabsorbed faster. There is no such thing as Radiesse becoming "resistant" to Botox/Dysport.

Ciro Martins, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Dysport

+1

First make sure you are getting the STUFF. are getting the treatment from a reputable doctor.

Second make sure that the dilution of the stuff is in accordance with the manufacturer guidelines.

Third, there are some people who do not respond as long or as well to Botox, or Dysport because they are developing antibody (MAY BE)

Radiesse should last atleast 9 months.

If truely you are metabolizing these very quickly

For filler consider  Fat Transfer

For botox eithr you wait for the new botox, or surgery