Does Radiesse Last Longer Than a Year?

I had the following done under my eyelids after reading I found out it was not a good idea too late. Its been a year and one of my eyelids is still swollen looks a little more bulgy. could it be possible I still have some product left under one eyelid? This is what was done: one vial of Radiesse on 4/30/10 and 1 vial of Juvederm Ultra on 5/25/11. He injected Hyaluronidase on 8/30/10 and 9/24/10 to dissolve the Juvederm. please help thank you

Does Radiesse Last Longer Than a Year?

+1

Radiesse normally last 12-16 months when injected to the appropriate areas. Most fillers typically last longer around the eyes due to less movement. Restylane is a better option for tear troughs and would give you a smoother result. 

Radiesse Last Longer Than a Year

+1

Sorry to hear about your experience. Your experience sadly shows the problems with going to an inexperienced or lesser skilled injector. Under the eyes, radiesse typically will last 2 - 3 years. Radiesse is generally not a wise choice for the tear through region. Restylane and Juvederm tend to be more appropriate on the right candidate.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Radiesse Lasting Time

+1

Radiesse has a longer lasting result than standard soft tissue fillers, typically lasting up to 2-3 years. Radiesse consists of calcium based microspheres that form a scaffold to support and stimulate growth of the body's own collagen. Over time, the calcium-based fillers breakdown and are safely reabsorbed by the body, without the risks of a permanent implant.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Radiesse does last longer than a year.

+1

Unfortunately, Radiesse does last longer than a year. I agree with you in that, Radiesse is not an option, leave alone good, for the tear trough region, and Restylane and Juvederm are better ideas there.

Even though Radiesse lasts quite some time, with biopsy evidence of the presence of the material even upto 2 - 3 years, the volume does go down with time. 

So there will be an improvement with time, slow, however. 

You can try massaging the area.

Renita Lourdhurajan, MD, DNB
India Dermatologist