Why Doesn't Radiesse Last on Me?

This is my second treatment with Radiesse; doctor used 2 1.5ml syringes on cheeks and around mouth (treatment date was May 5, 2012). Results were great, full effect lasted 2-3 weeks, then began to dissipate. Now, I can see a few faint traces left in my cheeks, but completely gone around the mouth. First time treatment (June, 2011) did the same thing. What's going on? Is it just me?

Why Doesn't Radiesse Last on Me?

+1

Radiesse is lasting longer than 2 or 3 weeks, but the swelling resolved at about that time.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

Radiesse Lasting Time

+1

Radiesse is clinically proven to last a year or more in many patients. However, each patient has varying results based on a variety of internal and external factors factors. The results of this treatment are not immediate, and will instead become more noticeable over time, not just in the first 2-3 weeks. I would suggest being patient and waiting for a longer period of time to see better results. Best of luck.

Why doesn't Radiesse last on me?

+1

Some people need more than 2 syringes for cheek augmentation. It depends on how much volume loss a patient has. Also, fillers around the mouth usually get metabolized fast. And/or the injector might have injected to deep and lost the product.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse and How Long It Lasts

+1

Without seeing pre and post treatment pictures, this is a difficult concern to address. In most people, Radiesse lasts anywhere from 6 to 12 months. It is possible that you were injected improperly or that you may need more than 2 syringes to really seen an improvement. I suggest you follow up with your injector and review pre and post photos together. 

Longevity of Radiesse

+1
Radiesse should not last for only 2-3 weeks. What you are seeing in the first couple of weeks is swelling. Radiesse is palpable in the face and only an exam would disclose if it is present but I would doubt that it is entirely gone. I recommend that you compare pre and post procedure photos. Also, if your facial aging is such that you really need more than 2 syringes, then it may not be the right treatment for you.