Radiesse or Juvederm Ultra for Smile Lines?

Is Radiesse or Juvederm Ultra better suited for smile lines? I am referring to oral commisures (corner of mouth) and marionette lines. Also, would 1 syringe of Radiesse provide more filler than 1 syringe of Juvederm? Thank you.

Pick the right filler for the right application

+2

Brunetteone

I use quite a bit of Radiesse, Juvederm, and Restylane in the practice, as each has areas that excel. Nationally, about three times as much restylane and juvederm are used compared to radiesse, but that might be just because they have been around longer. In truth, all three are excellent products.

For your areas of question, I would suggest juvederm. Radiesse just does not fill as well superficially, which is an area (the oral commissure) you mentioned. Plus you can layer the juvederm to improve results: deep for the depth of the commissure and the ml fold, and superficial for any residual etchings of wrinkle on the surface. And finally if you don't like that, the product is reversible. So overall, it just allows more precision to you and your surgeon.

One last thing. We are trying to do our best to direct patients to "core specialties". That means derm, oculoplastic, facial plastic, and plastic surgeons. That way you will truly get an expert opinion.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasolabial fold injections of Radiesse - Los Angeles

+1

I advise patients to have the Radiesse stimulatory filler as opposed to Juvederm for the nasolabial folds as it provides nice longterm effects and collagen stimulation in the area. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Web reference: http://karemd.com/cosmetic-dermatology/78/radiesse-facial-filler.aspx

Both great...either will do...and you'll be happy with both...

+1

sometime too many choices cause confusion and anxiety about what you should do...but in this case both are great products...juvederm might have the advantage since it can fix both the superficial and deeper creases...radiesse might have a slight advantage for treating just the deeper folds...juvederm is more popular and if you don't like the results, it's easier to correct the problem...if you've never had any filler, I'd suggest getting your first treatment with juvederm

Smile line fillers

+1

Hi! The fillers most commonly used in our practice are Juvederm, Restylane (hyaluronic acid fillers) and Radiesse (calcium hydroxyapatite) and each can produce wonderful results. Each of these fillers can be used to correct these lines however keep in mind that Radiesse is made up of a different material than the Juvederm and Restylane. In fact, I normally like to use Juvederm or Restylane for this area because it can be placed more superficially and if there were to ever have any complications, the material can be dissolved with hyaluronidase. Radiesse can not be dissolved and if placed too superficially, the material can be lumpy, uneven and can be seen through the skin. (Note that the other fillers can display a blue tinge through the skin if placed too superficially as well.) In my opinion, Juvederm is the best for marionette lines as it is more thicker and provides more support (more so than Restylane) and Radiesse is the best for cheek contouring although it is also good for very deep rhytides. The Juvederm comes in a 1cc syringe and Radiesse in1.5cc syringe.

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse and Juvederm for smile lines

+1

For the specific areas you mentioned, I use Juvederm for superficial lines, Radiesse for deeper lines needing more support, and both Radiesse and Juvederm simultaneously for really deep lines when necessary.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/radiesse/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm smile works great for the lips

+1

In our clinic we prefer Juvederm ultra smile for lip treatments. We have a special technique, so rarely a lip block is needed.

Mainz Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and Radiesse for Smile Lines

+1

Radiesse and Juvederm are both great products for nasolabial folds and marionette lines. Depending on how deep your folds are would determine the product the physician will use. Radiesse is not recommended for your lips, this product sometimes forms nodules. Radiesse syringe contains 1.5cc and Juvederm contains 0.8cc of product.

Smile lines and oral commissures with Juvederm or Radiesse

+1

Juvederm Ultra Plus and Radiesse are more similar in thickness and placement in depth, than Juverderm Ultra and Radiesse. Radiesse comes in a 0.8 and a 1.5 cc syringe whereas the Juvederm Ultra Plus comes in a 1cc syringe. Both work very well. We avoid placing Radiesse into the red lips as it may form nodules or bumps. If the Juvederm Ultra Plus produces an unwanted result, such as an overcorrected lump, it can be removed more readily than Radiesse or dissolved by injecting hyaluronidase. If one were to use Juvederm Ultra, it can be injected higher in the treatment plane than the Juvederm Ultra Plus or Radiesse, so it can be injected more superficially near the oral commissure if needed to lift it further. There is a chance of bluish discoloration from the Juvederm Ultra if it is too superficial bu this can be treated.

Radiesse and Juvederm both work well on lines around the mouth

+1

Both Radiesse and Juvederm work well for the oral commissures, marionette lines and also the nasolabial folds. One syringe of Radiesse contains 1.5 cc of product while a syringe of Juvederm has 0.8 cc so if you need over 0.8 cc of product, Radiesse might be a better choice. If lines are superficial or you are doing lips, Juvederm is a better choice however. Both products are great but it depends on the areas being treated. In a single session I often use both products on the same patient.

Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse lasts longer than Juvederm and is great for smile lines

+1

You describe the oral commisure lines and marionette lines that usually appear with drooping along the lower third of the face. Both Radiesse and Juvederm can be used here. I inject both regularly on patients in my practice. Radiesse is a thicker substance and will support the corners of the mouth better. It also lasts longer over a year whereas Juvederm usually lasts 7 months. The quality of the injection is solely based on the injector however.