Radiesse After Success with Juvederm?

If I get good results from using Juvederm for the tear troughs, could I then use Radiesse to get longer results the next time? What do you think?

Radiesse Under the Eye Lids, Like Amy Winehouse I Say "No, No, No!"

+1

Hi Pretty Witty,

Restylane is the preferred injectable filler of choice under the eye lids for hollowness. Juvederm is also popular, but sometimes swells a little too much. Both of these hyaluronic fillers have the advantage of possibly being diminished by using hyaluronidase injections if needed.

Radiesse is not dissolvable if there is a problem. You will not only have longer results (if all goes well), but you will have much longer complications and nightmares if there is a problem.

The lower lid area is very delicate and requires the skill, experience, and training of your injecting physician. Choose your physician carefully, and I would advise staying away from those willing to inject Radiesse in the lower eye lid.

Good luck and be well.

Dr.P

I would stick with HA fillers for the tear trough

+1

I think that HA's are best for the tear trough area. Their longevity there should be about a year. Although Radiesse is shunned by many in this area, it can be done by a skilled injector without issues. By the way, my favorite for this area is Restylane. The key to this area is to inject conservatively.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.