Is It Safe to Inject Juvederm on the Same Spot with Radiesse?

I had 1 syringe of Juvederm injected for the first time yesterday and I really don't see a difference. I'm not happy. My forehead crease is still really prominent and it was one of my main concerns. Is it ok to go to another Doctor to add Radiesse on the same areas?

Juvederm and radiesse for forehead wrinkles

+1

Forehead wrinkles are best treated with BOTOX and a topical retinoid cream. Radiesse is best designed for deep wrinkles (e.g. nasolabial folds) whereas Juvederm can be injected superficially for wrinkles such as the forehead. It may have been the technique used or the inexperience of your injector or unrealistic expectations for the use of a filler in the forehead area...again, BOTOX is preferred for these "wrinkles due to movement" whereas fillers are more suited for volume loss of the lower face.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler for forehead creases.

+1

If you are talking about the horizontal forehead creases, I would not recommend filler at all in this location. If we are talking about the vertical lines of the glabellar area (between the eyebrows), Radiesse is not recommended in this location (Radiesse should be injected deeper in the skin and deep filler injections can cause serious complications in this area). Botox is best for horizontal forehead lines while Botox, followed by a hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm 2-4 weeks after is best for the vertical glabellar wrinkles. With a series of Botox injections, the forehead wrinkles will "iron out."

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist