How Often Can You Have Radiesse or Juvederm Injected?

I recently went to get a consultation for the non-surgical nose job using Juvederm. The surgeon told me that I should not have it done too many times because scar tissue will form and make my nose hard. Is this true? I don't want to opt for surgery later on and would like to continue to use Juvederm or Radiesse for my nose. Also, will the filler last longer the more times that I get it done? Thank you!

How often can you have Radiesse or Juvederm injected in your nose?

+1

It really depends on the person and the area being treated. Juvederm is a softer product than Radiesse and would not cause scarring.  Radiesse is much harder and could begin to build up a calcium layer, but more than scarring I would be concerned about building up pressure on the vasculature in certain areas. The nose can be a tricky area and there have been incidences of compromise to the blood supply if too much product is injected in the wrong spot.  

Filler for nose improvement

+1

I typically inject restylane, juvederm or radiesse and then have my patient follow-up in 2 weeks. At that point we decide if any further treatment is required (usually not). At this point, most patients will get 1+ year duration in this location.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

How often can Radiesse or Juvederm / Restylane be injected?

+1

There isn't really a limit to how often these fillers can be injected. In the course of performing thousands of injections, have not seen the problem that your physician described with excessive scar tissue after injections. In practice, patients will undergo and injection and possibly a small touch up 1-2 weeks later once the swelling has resolved to optimize the treatment. However, it is unusual to have to come back sooner than 6-12 months to perform subsequent injections. I hope this is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Frequency of Filler Injections for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Chels,

In my practice, I inject filler into the nose at the initial treatment and then have our patient return to the office about one to two weeks after to re-evaluate and add a touch more if needed.  Once corrected after one or two injection sessions it is usually not necessary to inject again for one to up to three or four years depending on the patient.  We do not worry about the "scarring from injections" that your consulting physician spoke of as it has not been found to occur in our practice.  The most important aspect of having a "non-surgical rhinoplasty" is making sure that you choose your injecting physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Encino and Beverly Hills, CA

Michael A. Persky, MD