Radiesse or Juvaderm Ultra Plus for Jowl, Smile Lines and Nose?

I am 35 and am getting a jowl. I had planned to get Radiesse for the jowl and nasolabial lines - 1 vial recco. I also have a slight bump on my nose that I'd like to try to feather out with some filler. I have used juvaderm ultra for the smile lines before (1 syringe split) and have never had the jowl or nose done. I am a little concerned that Radiesse is prone to lumps? Would I be better off using juvaderm ultra plus? I think radiesse is more cost effective though?

Radiesse or Juvederm Ultra Plus

+1

For the areas of the jowl, nasolabial folds, and nose, either filler is good. At 35, I usually start with Juvederm Ultra Plus since it has a good lifting ability and can be reversed if there are any issues. IN patients over the age of 45, I usually use Radiesse because it has an even higher ability to lift tissue especially cheeks and moderate jowls. If used properly, it can also be used in the nose. The most important thing is choosing a plastic surgeon that performs both and discussing the pros and cons with him.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse and Juvederm

+1

Either Radiesse or Juvederm can be used for these areas.  To obtain the best result, have treatment with an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon who can decide which product would be best for you.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Radiesse works well for jowls and for nasal bump.

+1

Hi.

Do not use it for the smile lines, though.  Radiesse should only be injected deeply.  Using Juvederm for all three areas is also a good option.  Juvederm can be very long lasting.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

"Radiesse or Juvederm for jowl, smile lines and nose

+1

Either Radiesse or Juvederm Ultra Plus could be used for the areas that you have described.  Radiesse has the advantage of lasting longer and therefore is probably more cost effective in the long run.  Juvederm's advantage is that it can be dissolved with Hyaluronidase if you don't like the result.  Lumpiness is possible with any injectable filler but is not a common problem.  Many of my patients start their treatments with a hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm and later transition to the longer acting Radiesse with good results.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm vs Radiesse

+1

Greetings~

Both Radiesse and Juvederm (Ultra or Ultra Plus) are excellent products.  Either can be used in the areas you described and can have great results but are ultimately both very injector dependent.   Lumps can occur with any product, again depending more so on the injector and the technique. If you've never had an area done by someone and you have any reservations whatsoever you should probably consider the Juvederm Ultra Plus instead of the Radiesse only because if you don't like the results, particularly on the nose, you can easily reverse it with hyaluronidase. Radiesse can provide a lovely and possibly longer lasting result but if it is one you don't like, longer may not necessarily be better....if it's one you love, you'll love the results lasting as long as possible.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Radiesse or Juvederm ultra

+1

The HA fillers such as Restylane and Jevederm have such a wonderful record for safety and efficacy that it is hard not to recommend them as great fillers for practicall anywhere.  That said, I agree completely with you that Radiesse is more cost effective and I tell my patients that it offers better value.  Personally, I have not had a problem with lumpiness with this product.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Radiesse for Pre-Jowl and Nose

+1

Radiesse is great option for the areas you have described. If injected well you should not get any lumps. Juvederm could be used also, but for the areas you have described, you will get good longer lasting results with Radiesse without risking feeling the product. 

Sumit Bapna, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon