Can Radiesse and Juvederm React Badly when Placed in the Same Spot?

would like to know if juvaderm and radiesse would interact badly if they were injected into the same plane. If by accident this happened because I know that radiesse goes deeper. How do you prevent injecting into a vein this causing an occlusion of the blood vessel and if this happens do you get a dangerous blood clot/stroke? tissue damage?

Juvederm and Radiesse can be used at the same treatment

+1

It is not unusual to inject Radiesse in the deep plane and juvederm or Restylane in the superficial plane. There are risks with all procedures and no one can guarantee that they won't occur. Although the plunger of the Radiesse syringe can be pulled back to see if it  is in a vessel, it may not signal that the needle is in fact in the lumen or opening. If there is pain, or a blanching of whiteness noted during the injection, then the physician stops injecting immediately to prevent further introduction of the filler into the vessel. This complication tells physicians not to inject deep fillers such as Radiesse, into the glabella of the forehead between the eyebrows because blood flow has been compromised here and complications reported.

Multiple filler use

+1

It is perfectly all right to use varying fillers in the same region this usually  is not a problem.   Injecting into a vessel is extremely rare it is often preceded by pain upon injection.

Layering Fillers and Volumizers Gives Best Effects for Deep Wrinkles and Folds

+1

The concept of combining various fillers and volumizing agents to treat the same deep wrinkles and folds is nothing new. For best effect, I often inject volumizing agents, like Radiesse, more deeply to act as a buttress, a support, a foundation, if you will, for recontouring or reshaping a specific problem area. At the same session, where indicated, I inject fillers, such as Juvederm or Restylane, more superficially to smooth out the finer lines and crinkles that often persist when we only address the depths of folds and deep wrinkles. This process is called layering, and, in my experience, gives the best results for smoothing deeper wrinkles and folds. In the several years since I have been treating in this fashion, I have not encountered any problems by combining any of the approved volumizers and fillers in the same session, even though there is likely considerable intermixing of the two upon injection.

Combining Botox/Dysport with fillers and volumizers likewise may be used to best advantage without untoward reactions for cosmetically improving a variety of areas, particularly for the scowl lines, worry lines and crow's feet regions of the upper face and has been shown to prolong the effects of filler treatments in many cases.

Web reference: http://www.youngerlookingwithoutsurgery.com

Radiesse and Juvederm React Badly when Placed in the Same Spot

+1

Interesting question. I have never seen a reaction between the two but it is possible. Just make sure you use an expert injecting doctor. THan your chances of an issue decrease. From MIAMI DR. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Juvederm and Radiesse together are OK

+1

Advanced injectors often combine a deeper filler like Radiesse and then Juvederm into thinner lines. This is OK even if you get some of both product into the same area. Regarding your vascular injection question: the dangers are tissue necrosis, and in rare and exceedingly unlikely injection deep near the eye, visual compromise. You do not need to be worried about a stroke. For best results with advanced injections see a board certified dermatologist, facial plastic, or plastic surgeon who is comfortable doing more advanced treatments.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist