Radiesse As a Jaw Augmentation?

I have had an opinion from two surgeons so far regarding jaw implants, my goal is to improve my jaw width to my face. However both surgeons also stated that radiesse is also an option to add width to my jawline as well. My primary question is this, can I achieve the same amount width from radiesse injections as a I can from implant? I would like to get some more opinions from addition surgeons on this. Approx. how many cc's would be needed to achieve the desired width of that of an implant?

#Radiesse As a Jaw Augmentation?

+1

It's hard to compare these two; one is permanent, the other isn't. I would say that you can get an idea of what the surgery might accomplish by having filler injected - but probably not to any specific degree. Different things are done with surgery as opposed to fillers alone.

I think - and without the benefit of an in person consultation or, at the very least, some photos - you're better off spending the time with a few surgeons to get an idea of what results they think they can achieve for you and only then making a decision about possibly doing Radiesse instead. Radiesse may be the ideal solution for you. Figuring out exactly what the surgery might do may be a good first step, even if you wind up excluding it.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Radiesse As a Jaw Augmentation?

+1

Radiesse is a great option to augment the jaw, though it's not a permanant filler, it could be used as a temporary fix

RADIESSE AS JAW AUGMENTATION

+1

Radiesse, which is a calcium-based filler, is an excellent means to augment the jaw, both at the angle of the jaw, as well as the chin to simulate a mild chin implant.  The injection can be done in the office as opposed to having to undergo surgery.  Radiesse typically lasts anywhere from six months to 1-1/2 years and is very effective, and can be redone if the patient is happy with the result.

Radiesse Works Well For Nonsurgical Jaw Augmentation in Men

+1

Hallmarks of the classic masculine face include a strong chin and square jawline. For this reason, it is quite common for men to seek jaw augmentation. Surgery, via implants, is one way to attain this. But, if a non-invasive approach with little or no downtime is desired, nonsurgical augmentation with robust volumizing agents, such as Radiesse, is an excellent method for achieving gratifying results. 

In my Upper East Side Manhattan practice, I typically use Radiesse in combination with Perlane L (a hyaluronic acid product) for this purpose. I find the two easy to work with and to mold to the desired contour in accordance with the underlying jawbone and to yield reasonably long lasting results before touch ups are required. In my Israel practice, where many more even more robust volumizers are regulatory agency approved, I prefer to combine Radiesse with Restylane SQ,  Stylage XXL or occasionally Juvederm Voluma (which, incidentally, should finally be coming to the U.S. soon). 

Nonsurgical jaw augmentation takes only minutes to perform, is relatively painless, especially when using materials, such as the Perlane L, which contains the local anesthetic lidocaine, and generally elicits a "Wow!" response immediately after treatment.

Web reference: http://YoungerLookingWithoutSurgery.com

Radiesse for jawline

+1

Radiesse is probably the best filler for jawline augmentation as it is stiff. Most patients require one or two vials of the 1.5 cc vial for a good result. A chin implant can certainly produce much more definition and fullness, but it is good for the central third of the jawline (basically around the chin and about 1.5 to 2 inches to the sides). If you are looking for width around the angle of the jaw, you might be better off with filler. 

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jaw augmentation

+1

Radiesse or other fillers DO work to enhance the jawline; but are distinctly inferior to jawline implants as to the overall final look, the definition, and especially the long term costs. The amount of 'syringes of fillers' required to balance out the wide area of the back of the jaw, added to the necessity to re-do it over the years, argues against it. However, one can recommend 'temporary' use of eg Voluma to achieve a year long augment IF you just want to see what it would look like.

Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon