I had radiesse injections yesterday. How can I speed the healing process? (Photo)

My picture is this morning after yesterday's radiesse a injections . How long will the swelling last and is there anything to help speed the healing process ?? Thanks !

I had radiesse injections yesterday. How can I speed the healing process?

+2
Swelling after fillers can happen.  You don't mention where exactly you had the Radiesse.  The best thing to do is to rest; do not exercise for a couple of days; ice your face...20 minutes on; 20 minutes off.  This will help, but time will really be the best treatment.

Healing from fillers

+2
Swelling and bruising often happen after fillers and really should be expected. With Radiesse, the filler is done deeper so bruising and swelling can even be worse than with other fillers. Here are some suggestions: 1. ice it on and off (do not freeze your skin), but ice on and off for the first 24-48 hours; 2. take Arnica (available at heath food stores) and/or apply Arnica cream too; 3. keep your hands away from the area (pressing on it can make swelling worse, and can also move product); 4. sleep a bit elevated.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Radiesse injections and swelling

+1
Frequent icing and keeping your head elevated above your heart at least for 48-72 hours can be beneficial. I would also refrain from strenuous activity like working out. Patients swear by arnica montana with respect to bruising.

Michael M. Kim, MD

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse

+1
Hi! Thank you for your question.

I am Dr. Speron, a proud member of both the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS). I am also certified with the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

To answer your question, bruising and swelling is very common after getting any type of injectable. Icing the area on and off will help with the healing process. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do to speed up the healing process except to give it time to heal itself. If you have additional concerns, please consult with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Below are some links for additional information and before and after pictures.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call us at 847.696.9900.

Best of luck and have a great day!

Regards,

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Swelling after Radiesse

+1
Swelling and bruising can be common after having filler injected and sometimes may take up to 2 weeks to completely resolve. I would suggest using some ice packs (ice is more effective when used within the first 48hrs) and also an oral homeopathic like Arnica which is an anti-inflammatory that can speed up swelling and bruising and can be found at traders joes and whole foods markets. Good Luck. 

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS