I Had Radiesse Injections About 3 Months Ago. The Doctor Injected Through my Palate?

I had radiesse injections about 3 months ago injected through my palate along my cheek bones.I was hoping to reduce the appearance of dark and loose skin under my eyes, which ended up looking more sunken and wrinkled.I have cried quite a bit the last few weeks because of personal issues and have experienced allergies which constantly drain my sinuses, noticing a quick decline in the volume of my injections. Is it possible that crying/sinus drainage can act to reduce or "drain" the radiesse?

I had radiesse injections about 3 months ago injected through my palate along my cheek bones.I was hoping to reduce the appearan

+1

No, There's no method of reducing, dissolving or removing the Radiesse which is too thick to be injected in the lower eyelid skin.  Only time, up to 12 months, will resolve the issue.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Radiesse injection and crying/sinus drainage

+1

Crying/sinus drainage would not affect Radiesse longevity. By injection through the palate I think you mean an intraoral approach from behind the lips. Most doctors would stay away from an intraoral approach while injecting Radiesse because of the increased risk of infection. Infection while rare still exists, even with skin injections after a proper prep.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Radiesse injections 3 months ago

+1

While it is possible that crying or sinus issues could alter the appearance of your face, crying and sinus drainage would not act to make the Radiesse you had dissolve more quickly.  I would recommend returning to your treating physician to see if you just need a touch up treatment.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon