Lumps in Non-injected Areas After Radiesse

I had radiesse injedtions in my smile lines over a week ago, looks great. I just noticed 2 lumps above my lip, nothing was done to the lip area. They don't hurt, they kind of look like 2 white blind pimples that have not surfaced yet. Should I worry? Does it get better? I see my surgeon in 2 weeks for follow up. Thank you for any advice.

Radiesse for smile folds

+1

The somewhat white almost pimple-like bumps on the lip could be shifted Radiesse. The sooner you get evaluated, the easier for your physician to correct the problem should that be the case.

White bumps after Radiesse are probably Radiesse

+1

Although you said you were not injected in your upper lip area, these white bumps are probably from some of the Radiesse material being injected near your lips.  When injected near the lips the movement from talking and eating can move the Radiesse a bit and cause it to ball up between the muscles around the lips.  These can usually be removed easily by your doctor if they are noticible or bothersome.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon