Will Radiesse Injections for Tear Trough Area Hinder Having a Successful Facelift in the Near Future?

I had Radiesse injections for the tear trough area as well as upper lip lines and read that it can take anywhere from 1 - 5 years before it dissolves completely. Do I need to wait until it has dissolved before considering a face lift? I'm nervous that the Radiesse will bind to my tissue and make it difficult to move my cheek pads or for that matter, any part of my face.....can this pose a problem for the doctor in order to perform a successful face lift?

Facelift after Radiesse

+3

Radiesse doesn't bind your tissues down or make anything stick together.  It just stimulates your tissues to grow.  A facelift at any time is perfectly fine.

Not all practitioners are good at using Radiesse in the areas you described, but when diluted it can be used successfully in the tissues of the upper lip and at full strength in the upper cheek and into the tear trough. A skilled and experienced injector is needed to successfully treat these areas, though.

Fillers can be a lovely addition to a face lift and can give a more natural result.  Good luck with all your rejuvenation.

Worcester Plastic Surgeon

+2

No - you will be able to have a facelift.  The Radiesse will dissolve slowly over time (possibly up to two years) but should not affect the surgery you want.  For one thing, a facelift does not (normally) involve the tear troughs and upper lip line region directly.  For another, the Radiesse injections will not be permanent.  That being said, I generally recommend their use in deeper regions, such as the malar eminences and nasolabial folds.  I would typically recommend an HA for the tear troughs, as well as for vertical lip lines.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

+2

I would use Restylane for the tear troughs instead of Radiesse.  Radiesse can be used in other areas for volume or for deep fold or wrinkle correction.  The face and neck lift can be performed at any time if you would like.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facelifts and facial procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Face-and-Neck-Lift.php

Radiesse and facelifts

+2

Don't worry you can have a facelift anytime.this should not hinder or compromise your result.

Web reference: http://beautybybrueck.com

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Will Radiesse injections hinder a face lift?

+2

Radiesse placed correctly in deep dermis will not hinder your plans for surgery but quite honestly it is not the best product for lip lines and tear troughs because those areas are thin or the lines are superficial. Radiesse is a harder substance and because it's white It can also show through thin skin and look unnatural. 

Radiesse and Facelift Results

+2

Thanks for the great questions. First, in my practice, I do not recommend placement of Radiesse injections in the tear-trough region. This product is too thick for the tissues in the lower eyelid and can lead to lumpiness.  I recommend Radiesse for the check area (malar eminence), chin, and temples. For the tear troughs, I use Restylane or Belotero, as this product is less viscous and causes much less nodularity. Second, in terms of timing your filler treatments and facelift, I recommend that patients wait a couple months after their most recent treatment before having the surgery. This is just to let the tissues heal. The fillers discussed here will not significantly change the way the surgery is done.

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscofacialplasticsurgery.com/fillers.php

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Good filler injection won't prevent you from getting a facelift

+2

I love Radiesse in the tear trough, I carefully layer it on the bone and it works really well. If I were to do a facelift on a patient I had previously used radiesse on the only issue might occur if I did fat grafting at the same time. I usually do some fat grafting at the time of a facelift in the tear trough since that area is not improved with a simple face lift. If there was already Radiess there it might be difficult to judge how much fat will be needed and undercorrection would probably be the best plan.

I have done reconstruction surgery on a patient's cheek that had radiesse in the naso-labial folds and was able to see it while operating-looked like small white strings, it did not cause any issues.

Hope this helps..

Dr Ivan Wayne

Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift after Tear Trough Radiesse Injections

+2

Previous injections will have no effect on your facelift. Howeve,r I have never used Radiesse which is firm compared to other fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane in an area with very thin skin or limited subcutaneous tissue such as the tear troughs.

Tear Trough

+2

Hello

The tear trough is an unforgiving area and as such I would not recommend using Radiesse here . It would be safer to use a hyaluronic acid product here as the product can be dissolved if there is any problem with visibility or lumpiness .

The standard facelift does not dissect the tear trough area and injectables rarely interfere with the safe conduct of a facelift in any event .

All the best

Terrence Scamp

Brisbane Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse, Face lifts and tear trough fillers

+2

Thank you for question about tear trough Radiesse interfering with a face lift.

• Your earlier Radiesse injections will not interfere with your face lift,
  • Radiesse is a thick gel not recommended as a tear trough filler,
  • it lasts 9 months or longer,
  • Radiesse nodules lasting more than a year are caused by chronic tissue irritation, not by lumps of Radiesee itself.
  • Have your face lift. No more tear trough Radiesse. Hope this helps!