Had Radiesse Injections 3 Days Ago. my Lines Are Still There...what Happened?

Had Radiesse Injections 3 Days Ago.  my Lines Are Still There...what Happened?

Lines are still there

+2

Greetings~

I wish I had a clear answer for you about your treatment... Unfortunately, I don't know what lines you are referring to that you had treated and that are still there. Fillers like Radiesse and the hyaluronic acid fillers don't erase lines.  Fillers can be used to help plump up or smooth wrinkles and folds and add volume where it's been lost.  How much correction is achieved is based on how much filler is injected.  Sometimes the answer is simply, you need more.  Remember also that once an area is treated and filled there will still be a crease in the skin, similar to a crease in a sheet of paper if you fold it or a shirt that has a crease pressed in to it.  Whenever you have questions or doubts regarding your treatments you should always call or schedule a follow up appointment with the office that treated you.

Good luck~ 

Dr. Grant Stevens

Lines after Radiesse

+1

Radiesse is a fantastic filler for lines around your face.  You will see a plumping of the area immediately but the wrinkles take time to fade.  I liken it to a wrinkled shirt: sometimes it take a little longer to get the wrinkles out than others.  The lines on your face did not form over night and they will not fade over night.  Being on a good skincare regimen (including a retinol), or having microdermabrasions or chemical peels may help speed up the process of diminishing the lines now that you have the filler.  I hope this helps!

Joseph Serota, MD
Aurora Plastic Surgeon