Can Radiesse Injection in Nose Make Your Nose Tip Fat?

So, I had a radiesse injection in my nose bridge and tip about a yr and a half ago.I was ok with the bridge though it kind of lacked a curve and made me look like "avatar" from the movie. The doctor used 0.8cc because she didn't have any smaller doses and didn't store leftovers.With the excess amount of leftover, she put it in my nose tip. now my once narrow and pointyish nose tip looks wide and big. Would it go away? does it happen often? it doesn't look aweful but i'm not happy with it.thanks!

Radiesse is not permanent

+1

The good news is that the Radiesse should all go away but may take more time. It is not considered a semi-permanent filler. You should see your doctor to see what she suggests.

Radiesse in the nose

+1

Greetings Kalon~

Sorry to hear about your nose.  Radiesse is an excellent filler and can have beautiful results in the nose.  Regardless of how much is in the syringe, it is definitely best to utilize it only in the areas that really need the correction especially when dealing with an area like the nose.  It takes very little product to make a difference in the nose.  If you have some product remaining perhaps consider the nasolabial folds or chin or cheeks. The good news is, it will resolve.  The not so good news is that it takes significantly longer than in other parts of the face.  (2 Years would not be unlikely)

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens      

Grant Stevens, MD

Radiesse to the nose

+1

The good news is that the product will be resorbed by the body at 12-18months. Getting surgery to the nose to fix the tip, may be a bit extreme for a product that will dissipate. It will go away- and do not put it in the tip next time.

Purvisha Patel, MD
Germantown Dermatologist

Radiesse in Nasal Tip

+1

I do not inject Radiesse in the nasal tip because it can compromse circulation in this area. This filler can last 2 years or longer; is there any left in your nasal bridge?  I strongly advise you to wait as long as you can before considering surgery because of the risk of operating on the tip after Radiesse injections.

Radiesse Injection in the Nose

+1

After one and a half years the Radiesse in your nose should be pretty much gone. I would recommend against surgery for revision as you can only make things worse. Give it more time and it will continue to improve on its own if there is any Radiesse left under the skin.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse in nasal tip

+1

By definition, Radiesse is a filler. I would think that since many people have thicker skin on the nasal tip, that it would not work well as a filler in that area compared to the dorsum. In any case it will resolve in time.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Radiesse to nasal tip 18 months ago

+1

Radiesse should be gone after about 12 months and most certainly by 18 months.  No leftover of any filler(s) are allowable by law and by ethical conduct as they can harbour contamination from the previous injection into the tissues. 

If you massage the nasal tip, do you still feel the Radiesse?  If so, then it may still disappear.  If not, this could be scar tissue that may not go waway and you may want to see the MD that injected the nasal tip for further advice.  You could always have a Tip Plasty to remove scar and tip cartilages but that would be a shame if you liked your tip pre-Radiesse injection.  IMHO, you should wait 6 more months and see if things get better.

Radiesse in nose.

+1

The Radiesse will eventually go away but it may be 2 years from the time of injection going down each month. The nose can be revised if you wixh by an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.