Bruising After Radiesse on Nose Permanent?

I had the Radiesse injection done on my nose and now I'm experiencing some bruising. Is the bruising permanent? If not, how long will it take to subside?

Bruising with fillers

+1

Bruising after any injection can occur as a result of piercing the skin and associated blood vessels.  Radiesse is not any different despite the location.  If bruising does occur, it generally responds in 7-10 days.  If you know you bruise easily, may need to give yourself extra time to allow the bruising to dissipate but should resolve by 3 weeks.  Certain medications such as Arnica Montana, Vit K, and Bromelain help minimize bruising; we start our patients on a combination of these before their Radiesse treatment.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bruising lasts for about 2 or 3 weeks

+1

Bruising lasts usually for two to three weeks, rarely more. If there still is color after this period, see your doctor to determine if it is your pigment that is getting darker (Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation) or a development of new fine capillary blood vessels in the skin that make it look dark red or purple.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Bruising should be gone in 3 weeks.

+1

Hi!

Bruising from injections with fillers such as Radiesse can certainly happen, but it is gone in a few days -- 3 weeks at the most.

After three weeks, any bluish discoloration is not bruising. It might the filler itself, which can be visible if injected too superficially. I hope this is not your case, because this can be long lasting.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Bruising takes awhile to resolve on the nose

+1

Bruising is not uncommon after injections, especially on the nose. It may take a week or two for the bruising to resolve. You can try Arnica Montana cream or tablets to help reduce the bruising. However, I have found that it works best if you start it before your procedure. Good luck with your recovery.

David Shafer, MD