Radiesse Injection Expanded??

I had my Radiesse injection to my cheek bones for the 2nd time two days ago. When the injections were just done, the result looked fantastic in the Dr. office. However, after one night, the injected area, seemed to have grown larger, now the sides next to the ridge of my nose have raised higher, making my nose look lower and eyes smaller. Did my injection move or expanded? Or is this just simple swelling? Thanks!!

Did My Radiesse Move or is it Swelling?

+1

Hi MM.  If it is only one day after injection and you have not massaged or prodded the area, it is most likely swelling. 

One fo the side effects of Radiesse is that it can cause quite profound swelling and this may take days to resolve.  We would encourage you to call your injector to address the issue with him/her and then to follow up within about a week to review your results.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/radiesse-injections-more-info.aspx

Delayed swelling is common with Radiesse

+1
Many patients see delayed swelling after Radiesse. Be patient for another week and it should better in a couple of days provided you're not exerting yourself and bending over or sleeping flat on your stomach or on your back without your head raised. See your doctor if you don't see improvement but call them to discuss this now.

Radiesse Injection

+1

Hi Moomoo,

It is still too early to tell, it most likely is swelling at this point.  It should resolve in 3 to 4 days.  Contact your injecting Radiesse physician for advice.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P