Where is Radiesse Injected for Marionette Lines?

I am planning on having Radiesse put in my marionette lines. I am concerned because another injector put Restylane in another time to help correct my marrionette lines and I remember getting kinda a square look to my jaw. Kinda like a guy.

I don't know yet what the technique will be. Do you know where they actually fill for the marionette lines? I am just more concerned because it last a lot longer and you can't dissolve it if you hate it.

Marionette lines and filler

+1

Usually marionette lines are injected just inside the fold rather than right under it. Have the doctor do small amounts and look at a mirror prior to putting in more so you can see the improvement yourself and tell your doctor how you like it.

Radiesse for Marionette Lines

+1

Radiesse is composed of hydroxyapatite. Because of this it is designed to be injected in the deep tissues, close to the bone. For the marionette lines the Radiesse is injected deep to the creases on the bone with the majority of it just below the lower lip then less as you move toward jowl line as the marionettes lessen.

When patients have minor jowling filler can be injected along the jaw line between the chin and jowls where a depression occurs. Filling this area could potentially result in a more sturdy jaw line.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse Injections

+1

Thank you for your post as it really hits home that injectables cant just be injected by anyone.  You need to make sure the person is qualified.  It is best to get injected by a board certified plastic surgeon to assure that you are satified with the results.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Radiesse for Marionette Lines...The Value of Judgement and Experience

+1

Hi Robby,

Your question emphasizes the importance of choosing an injector physician who has the proper eye for facial proportions and beauty.

Injecting the marionette lines is not a commodity that you arrive at the physician's office (or as seems to be the trend nowadays the spa, nurse's house, or podiatrist's office) and order up like a Strawberry and Cream Latte with White Chocolate powder at Coffee Bean.

There is an art and science to injecting, and every patient is a little different.

The judgment and experience of the injector is important. As the saying goes, "Good judgment is based upon bad experiences; good experience is based upon bad judgments".

Sounds like you have already had a bad experience in the past; hopefully it has helped your injector's judgment.

Good luck and is well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD