Pain Where Radiesse Was Injected 3 Weeks Later

I had Radiesse injected in the glabellar region, it did not hurt on injection. It is painful to touch-3 weeks later. My doctor says it is normal to have pain sometimes for up to 5 months? that just doesn't seem right. Is something wrong?

Check with your doctor to make sure there is not an infection from your Radiesse Treatment

+1

Check with your doctor to make sure there is not an infection or something else going on. Usually patients don’t experience pain at the injection site 3 weeks after treatment, so there may be something wrong.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Radiesse in glabella

+1
If the bone is touched during the treatment that can cause some pain. Radiesse is slightly thicker for this area than what is typically used. Maybe a second opinion is worthwhile if your doctor does not reassure you.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Pain From Radiesse 3 Weeks After Radiesse is NOT normal, 5 Months Later is Unheard Of

+1

Hi,

Why anyone would inject something that may cause pain in an area for up to 5 months is a mystery to me.  You should visit your injecting physician to make sure that you do not have an infection or other complication from your injection.  Might consider a second opinion examination as well.

Hope that your pain goes away soon, and would probably stay away from Radiesse in your forehead in the future, not the best choice of filler here.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD