I Had Radiesse Inject. on Nasal Folds Loved Immediate Results But?

I had Radiesse injections 5 days ago and loved the immediate results but when I woke up this morning I can see the lines pretty clear again, I guess since all of the swelling is gone, will they continue to improve or are these my final results? I feel like I need more.

Radiesse for the nasolabial folds

+2

You likely experienced the effects of swelling the first few days. It is possible you may benefit from a touch up. I would recommend visiting your provider and communicating your concern to him or her. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

+2

It is likely that the temporary swelling has resolved, and you probably need more injection of Radiesse.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Radiesse for nasolabial folds

+2

I recommend that you wait a week or so and see your physician and decide if you would benefit from another syringe of Radiesse. If the folds went away and they reappeared after the inflammation subsided, it would suggest that more volume would likely be the answer for you. Hratch Karamanoukian MD FACS.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

+2

I have used Radiesse and Perlane many times to fill in the NLF's.  It's not unusual that you would want further correction after the swelling has gone down.  There's no reason that a little more Radiesse (it comes in 0.8cc syringes as well) couldn't be injected.

Radiesse Results

+2

Hi Pixxy.  If your injector did not explain the swelling, they should have.  Once the swelling goes down, the final results will be visible.  It's very possible that if you can see the lines more clearly than when you were swollen that you may need more product.  Hopefully your injector made you aware of this at the beginning of the process.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Immediate filler results

+2

when you get a filler such as Radiesse you will notice an immediate result which is part filler and part swelling from the procedure. It sounds like that latter part has settled down. You should follow back up with your injecting physician to discuss this with them. Depending on what the lines look like you might need more filler or you might have a good result. Everyone here agrees it is always acceptable to add more rather than overfilling on the first time.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse for nasolabial folds

+2

Pictures of you before and after treatment would be helpful.  Before the treatment, did you only have nasolabial folds or were there lines there as well?  Radiesse, like most fillers, will be more successful in treating nasolabial folds than lines.  The lines are more superficial and will normally not be treated well by fillers, which are usually injected into a deeper layer.  If the issue now is only with lines, adding more Radiesse may not be the answer.  I would discuss your issue with your treating physician to see if adding more would be helpful or not.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Need more filler?

+2

It sounds like you had some swelling, which when that resolved, may have left you desiring more. In most cases, and especially with Radiesse since there is no counter product to remove it, I recommend patients who are new to fillers, start with less, and we can add more. So, if you want more filler put it, you can certainly do that, but it's best (in my opinion) to be conservative, especially with Radiesse injections.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Radiesse Injection

+2

It appears that you were seeing some of the product but mainly swelling due to the injection.  My feeling is that it is better to underfill than overfill because you can always add more.  It sounds like you may need more.  Discuss this with your physician.

Thomas P. McHugh, MD

Radiesse treatment 5 days post

+1

Hi! It seems as if your swelling has gone down and you may require additional filler. If you are in the LA area, I or any of my colleagues would be happy to see you. Best of luck!

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS