Had Radiesse in Eye Area and Nasal Labial Folds?

Noticeable in eye area but not in n/l folds, and I would like him to add a bit more in this area. I don't think I should be charged. This is a very expensive procedure, and it took me a long time to save for it. I believe I should be very satisfied with the outcome, and if not, it should be fixed free of charge. Am I being realistic?

Managing expectations in cosmetic injectables

+1

It is important to discuss your expectations with your Dr before doing any treatment. With any procedure, sometimes it takes more than what is financially possible is to achieve satisfaction or meet a patient's expectations. Filler can be a great option in achieving volume to areas of volume loss. It is often prudent to be conservative in initial correction of a patient with filler, adding more after the initial injection in a follow up appointment. This prevents over filling and establishes a relationship between the provider. As far as having the additional filler for free, that is a difficult question to address. Sometimes offices offer specials if multiple syringes are purchased. Best of luck! 

Not Satisfied - Should I be Charged for More Radiesse?

+1

This is an important issue to raise and discuss.  There is a limited amount of correction that can be accomplished with any injectable treatment, whether a filler or a neuromodulator (such as Botox, Dysport or Xeomin).  The doctor and patient have to come to an understanding as to what can be delivered with any treatment and what, if any, the policies are in the event that the patient is not satisfied.  Of course, one person may be satisfied with a given treatment, and another one not. 

In general, though, treatments are offered by area of the face, by the amount of material to be injected, or both.  You are entitled to know exactly what will be involved in the treatment (eg, how many units of Botox, how many cc's of a filler) and then you can ask what the likely results are of that.  It is unreasonable to expect a small volume of filler to "completely" treat many areas on the face.  But that discussion should be held before treatment so that there are no uncomfortable feelings afterwards.

In this case, it is reasonable for you to be charged for the material - it is expensive - that will be added to your previous treatment(s).  Once you've established a comfortable rapport with your plastic surgeon you'll be able to address these and similar issues more easily in the future.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

+1

If more product is needed, then there should be a charge as the product is not free.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Need more Radiesse, Should I be charged?

+1

Radiesse is sold by the syringe not by the "job"  Every person's needs are different. 1 syringe may be enough for one person but someone else may need 2 or 3 syringes to correct all the areas they desire to improve.  1 syringe can only go so far so It is unrealistic to think your doctor should correct everything you want done to your "satisfaction", at his expense. In the future it might be better to prioritize your areas of concern and understand there are limitations. 

Sam Naficy, MD

More Radiesse?

+1

I do not think you are being realistic. If he needs to add more, there should be a cost to you as there is a cost to him (each syringe is expensive), not to mention the cost for his expertise and injecting. One syringe most likely would not be enough to treat two areas. I also do not recommend Radiesse for eye rejuvenation. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Do I need more Radiesse?

+1

Sorry, you are being unrealistic. A single syringe of any filler is expensive. But it's also not magic. We only have what's in the syringe and while that may be enough for one person's needs, others may need more than one syringe of filler. In the NLF lines and under the eyes (also Radiesse is NOT recommended under the eyes), there wouldn't be enough with one syringe to fill both of these areas properly, in my opinion. I'm sorry that you need more than one syringe to volumize the areas properly, but that's not the doctor's fault, and you'll need to pay for another syringe if you want it fuller.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD