Does Radiesse in Cheeks Preclude Someone from Having a Surgical Cheek Lift? (photo)

I am a 42 year old female. I have attached a picture of myself several years ago which depicts the mid face flatness I noticed happening through the aging process. I recently had several Radiesse injections to correct the flatness and get volume into the area in the hopes that it would also help with the eye bags. (See recent photos attached). It has not helped. 1. Can a cheek lift help? Can it be performed despite the presence of Radiesse in the area?

Cheek Lift after Radiesse Injections

+1

The swelling under your eyes suggest that you had the Radiesse injected recently. If so, wait until this resolves before making any decisions. Having said that, Radiesse will not interfere with a cheek lift or placement of cheek implants

Cheeklift after Radiesse is fine if you need it.

+1

Cheeklift after Radiesse is fine if you need it. You might benefit more from a cheek implant and lower eyelid fat removal combined. I would need to feel your cheek to give you a proper answer.

Does Radiesse in Cheeks Preclude Someone from Having a Surgical Cheek Lift?

+1

First let me say that IMHO, cheek lifts do not work.  The tissues, of the cheek, are much heavier than the lower eyelid tissues so the results would more likely pull down the lower eyelids, not raise the cheeks.  The fatty tissues, of the cheeks, do not allow suturing as a suspension method and the sutures will simply cut through the fat.  Finally, Radiesse is injected into the fatty tissue layers, of the cheeks, and the dissection for a cheek lift would go through the same area.

Aesthetically, there appears to still be some anterior (front) flatness of the cheeks and a prominent tear trough.  In such cases, I prefer using Perlane to shape the cheeks or cheek implants if appropriate.  Hope this helps.