Radiesse in Cheeks to Help for Under Eye Bags?

My doctor wants to use Radiesse in my cheek area to help add a touch of volume which he says will help smooth the under eye bags that I'm starting to get. I would rather try this route than have something injected in my tear trough or delicate skin around the eyes. Thoughts or photos on how this might help. He's talking about .5 in each cheek area for a subtle improvement.

Cheek volume with Radiesse

+1

My patients are always very happy when we use Radiesse to add volume to the cheek area. Amount to be injected varies, and it is best to use a trusted injector. Best of luck!

Radiesse injections in Los Angeles

+1

Radiesse works very well in the upper cheek, immediately below the cheek-lid junction.  This will help transition your tear troughs well. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD FACS

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

+1

Radiesse in Cheeks - yes; for Under Eye Bags - not so sure.  Radiesse is an excellent filler when used to increase the volume of the cheeks, nasolabial folds and other parts of the face.  I think that an HA is more appropriate for the thin skin of the tear troughs.  For extensive bags under the eyes (nothing personal, of course) surgical removal, combined with injectable fillers, may give the best results.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

+1

If you want the tear trough filled to minimize bags, then an HA filler like Restylane to the tear trough is better than injecting Radiesse in the cheek.  If you have malar bags, Radiesse to the cheek to blend the transition can be entertained.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Radiesse in the cheeks

+1

Radiesse can help build up your cheeks and soften the transition from your lower eyelid to your cheek. If you go this route, make sure the injections are deep and only in the cheek (not the tear trough).

That being said, I love hyaluronic acid in the tear troughs. It is safe if performed by an experienced injector. The results can be dramatic and long lived (1-2 years in some). 

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

Radiesse will augment your cheeks though 1mL total does not usually create a dramatic effect. This type of treatment does not usually camouflage undereye bags. Most plastic surgeon and dermatologists will use either hyaluronic acid type fillers such as Juvederm in the undereye as it has a lower risk of complications in this area and can be dissolved with Vitrase if needed. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek Radiesse to fill tear troughs

+1

I recommend Restylane under the eyes.  It can be combined with Radiesse in the cheek area.  Injections of .5 cc may be unsufficient to address these areas but it is impossible to evaluate in the absence of photos.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Radiesse to cheeks, or undereye fillers

+1

Without a photo, we are all guessing here. Adding some volume to the upper cheek region can somewhat help with undereye bags, but it really depends on what type of bags you have and what type of volume loss we are talking about. More often than not, I prefer to address the issue the patient wants fixed - in your case, doing an HA filler to the tear troughs - rather than start with the cheeks and Radiesse because I have a feeling that either way, you're going to want HA filler to the tear trough region. The other thing I would give you caution about is that removing an HA filler under the eye is a great deal easier than Radiesse. If you've never had filler before, I don't remotely suggest you start with a filler like Radiesse as it's not possible to dissolve or change it if you don't like it.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Radiesse for Under Eye Bags

+1

Without a picture it is almost impossible to give any real advice. However, injection of anything in the cheeks rarely gives any improvement to the under eye areas. 0.5 cc in the cheek also rarely makes much difference. Instead you need to inject on top of the orbital rim to improve this area. This is usually done with a Hyaluronic Acid filler like Restylane or Bolatero since it can be improved with hyalurondase if too much is placed. Only very skilled injectors should use Radiesse here since there is no reversal agent.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse in Cheeks to Help Under Eyes

+1

A picture would be helpful to see which product you would be best suited for, Radiesse or a hyaluronic acid, like Restylane or Belotero.  In my practice, if a patient has volume loss in cheek region and under eye circles, I will often do what your doctor has suggested and restore the volume back to cheek region first.  More often than not, this will correct concerns under the eyes.  The amount he is suggesting is conservative, which I like as well.  If there is a depression in the actual tear trough, a hyaluronic acid is a better choice for this area.

Cheryl A. Hull, MD
Rogers Dermatologist