Does Radiesse Help Generate Collagen?

When I want back to the doctor for follow up I asked her if I need more and when. She said I will not need more for 6-9 months but I need to be back before Radiesse goes away. She told me that I will notice that the volume will go down about at 3 month mark but then the product will generate my own collagen and the volume will go back up. Is it true? Does Radiesse help generate collagen? After gel carrier is gone will the original volume be supported by new collagen?

Radiesse generates new collagen

+1

Indeed Radiesse has the interesting ability to fill the skin for the first few months, and then be replaced by the body's own collage production such that there is considerable improvement for 9-18 months. I have had great and durable results and many very happy patients with Radiesse which I've used for the past 2 years.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

New collagen from Radiesse

+1

Radiesse (Calcium Hydroxyl apatite) is a "biodynamic" filler, meaning that its presence in the skin induces a reaction on the part of the skin to make new collagen. This new collagen has been demonstrated by both biopsies and MRI examination. In general it replaces the gel which dissolves soon after injection and then the implant remains fairly constant for 6-9 months, then slowly fades by 12-14 months in most patients

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologist