Would Radiesse be good option as a tear trough filler? (photo)

I went for a consultation and nurse suggested Radiesse. She doesnt use canulas. My under eye area looks awful and it ages me terribly, I have skin that looks lose and it's wrinkled, on really bad days I get massive eye bags, one eye is much worse than the other. Also, can this be done by an experienced nurse injector, she showed me before and after photos if her work and they looked great, or should I stick to the doctor?

Radiessse v. Restylane for Tear Troughs

+1
Radiesse is absolutely not a good idea for the Tear Trough area.  I always recommend Restylane for this area.  Be sure to go to a skilled provider. 

Dr. Grant Stevens                      Marina Plastic Surgery Associates                 Marina del Rey, CA                           The Institute

Filler for tear trough

+1
I would probably use a hyaluronic acid (HA) filler instead for this particular area. The 2 HA fillers of choice for me are restylane and belotero. When injected properly it settles very nicely giving you a very natural refresh look. Good Luck! 

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Would #Radiesse be good option as a tear trough filler?

+1
Radiesse is an outstanding filler but I would recommend it be used in deeper areas that have thicker skin/soft tissue covering, such as the cheeks (malar eminences) and the nasolabial lines (smile lines by the sides of the mouth).  I think that Restylane and Juvederm are better choices for the tear troughs.
I hope that this helps and good luck,
Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Tear trough injection

+1
I prefer hyaluronic acid fillers in the tear troughs because they are reversible and they are softer products that settle nicely. Belotero and Restylane are my products of choice. Since this is your first tear trough injection, I would see the physician to ensure safety.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Ideal tear trough filler

+1
There are three different dermal fillers that I would choose the tear trough. Restalyn, JuvĂ©derm Ultra, and Belotero.  They are all hyaluronic acid-based fillers. They all have thin properties which is essential for the tear trough area since it is a very thin area with a very thin skin coverage.  

Radiesse, Voluma, and Perlane are thicker products and are good fillers for areas like the cheek, temple, nasolabial folds, and marionnette area.  I would definitely check the credentials of who you have inject the tear trough area, as this would be considered an advanced technique and the consequences of not doing a good job can be devastating.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Radiesse for Tear Trough

+1
Technically, any filler is OK in the hands of a good injector, but...... I only recommend reversible fillers in the tear trough region.  The tear trough is a peculiar region and sometime the result is not what the patient thought it would be and having the ability to dissolve the filler is a great option.  I have seen many patients that were injected somewhere else with a long lasting filler and they were stuck with a long lasting complication.

Joe Niamtu, III DMD Cosmetic Facial Surgery, Richmond, Virginia

Joseph Niamtu, III, DMD
Richmond Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Would Radiesse be good option as a tear trough filler?

+1
Radiesse (or Voluma) are great fillers for the cheek. Neither is a great option for the tear trough. A thinner filler is a better option. However, Voluma patients do seem to have improvement in the tear trough area following cheek injections even though the product was not placed in the tear trough area. Regardless, I would be concerned about the advice you've received and would recommend seeking a second opinion in your area. 

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Beletero Balance And Restylane L Work Well For Under Eye Rejuvenation

+1
Radiesse is NOT recommended for use under the eyes. The risk of nodule formation is simply too great and there is no way to dissolve Radiesse (a calcium-based volumizing agent) should there be any problems or lumpiness analogous to the way hyaluronic acid-based fillers can be dissolved using the enzyme hyaluronidase.

For the underye region, to treat bags, dark circles, and crinkles, I prefer Belotero Balance, which has not been associated with the bluish Tyndall Effect even when injected in the very thin skin under the eyes or diluted Restylane L. I recommend that you consult a board certified core core aesthetic physician with extensive experience in treating this region.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Tear trough

+1
Dominique 555, Not sure what that photo was supposed to show. Fillers can be used to improve a tear trough. Should be done with an intraoral approach. A physician shoud be more skilled in general. I prefer the "SOOF lift blepharoplasty" to surgically correct this problem. See my web site for further information. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse: AVOID USE IN TEAR TROUGH

+1
Radiesse should never be used in the tear trough area. Never. Under any circumstances. Belotero or Restylane are hyaluronic acid fillers best suited for use in the tear trough area. This area is a delicate and unforgiving area that should be treated very carefully and conservatively by a board certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon. 

Jennifer Ahdout, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist