Had Radiesse for the marionnettes lines and I am quite disappointed. Is this normal procedure?

Hello everybody, 2 weeks ago I had Radiesse injections to reduce the marionnettes lines but I am quite disappointed by the result. The injections have not been made directly in the lines, but rather on the side, which makes them look deeper and more visible than before. I had a lot of swelling and bruising and the injections themselves were quite painful. Is this the normal procedure not to inject directly in the lines? Had Radiesse 2 years ago in the nasolabial folds and it looked great!

Radiesse to marionette lines

+2
I can't say I use Radiesse in marionette lines normally. It's not great for it because those lines are usually rather shallow and Radiesse is used in deeper locations. Also, Radiesse is a harder filler and I prefer to use softer hyaluronic acid fillers in softer tissue around and in the lips. Did you have the same injector for both procedures? If you are unhappy you need to follow-up with your injector to discuss your expectations vs the outcome.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."