Would You Recommend Radiesse for Senior Hands with Thin Skin?

Fat grafting for senior hands.

+2

I have used fat grafting for senior hands for 35 years. The results are cheaper and permanent than fillers. You can see before/after photos on our website. It shows 1 hand injected and the other not at 2 years to show how well this works!

Hand rejuvenation with Fillers

+2

The current choice in the US market would be between using your own fat and Radiesse. Although Radiesse is an easier, off the shelf filler you will have to keep injecting it to managing the effect. On the other hand, using your own fat while more expensive initially will fill and rejuvenate thin skin. Fat is rich in stem cells which will improve the skin texture in addition to hiding the hand tendons and veins. 

Peer A Alda, MD

Radiesse for "Senior Hands"

+1

Yes!  Radiesse is a great option for "senior hands".  I highly recommend you go to an experienced provider for these types of treatments.  In my office, my Physician Assistants do a lot of these types of treatments with excellent results. 

Dr. Grant Stevens        

Grant Stevens, MD

Radiesse for hands

+1

Radiesse injection into the back of the hands works well and is very straightforward.  The technique is different than for the face. For the hands, I inject a bolus of material and then massage it out.  There is usually no bruising but occassional swelling will persist for a day or two.  I'm not sure why someone would want to go through the extra pain, cost, and hassle of fat harvesting when Radiesse can be taken off the shelf with great and long-lasting results.  Radiesse can also be diluted with lidocaine if there is any concern about getting lumpiness or visible product.  My patients have been very pleased with Radiesse rejuvenation of the hands.

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse for Hands

+1

Radiesse works very well for senior hands with thin skin. However fat is far better because it will last a lot longer and is significantly less expensive. Whenever possible, I always prefer to use the patient's own tissue.

Radiesse for hands with thin skin

+1

I routinely use Radiesse for injection of senior hands with thin skin and have had no problems. Immediately before injection,  I mix lidocaine with the Radiesse which helps to make the product thinner for easier injection. This minimizes the chance of lumps from the injection.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

There Are Several Options for Rejuvenating the Back of the Hand

+1

Radiesse, Sculptra, the hyaluronic acid fillers, and autologous fat can all be successfully used to rejuvenate the back of the hand. The results are improved further when injections are combined with light-based therapies to reduce dyspigmentation and resurface the skin. My preference is to use Juvederm in the back of the hand, but any hyaluronic acid filler will work as well. I find it smooth and easier to use, especially in patients with thinner skin.

Kenneth Dembny, II, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse in senior hands

+1

Radiesse works quite well when injected under the skin in the back of the hands. It thickens the skin and hide the prominent tendons and veins. It massages out nicely and is not lumpy at all.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1

Yes either Radiesse or Sculptra will increase the soft tissue look of the hands.  I actually prefer Sculptra as Radiesse is a bit thick and can appear lumpy in very thin skin.

Injections for "Senior Hands"

+1

Without seeing photographs or examining you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However, injecting Radiesse in the hands can be very effective at rejuvenating the look of the skin.  Other treatments include fat grafting and Sculptra injections.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD