Is Radiesse a Good Filler to Take Care of Loss of Volume in Face?

Is it possible to inject Radiesse in front of the ears, the temples and in the back of the ear lobes, In order to get a natural look, with a face lift affect? I was wondering if a thick filler would hold these areas in place? I hate the obvious chipmunk cheek filler look. Could a thick filler be injected in these areas or I'm I going be asked to leave the premises when I'm at the Doctors and asking this question?

+2

Fillers like Radiesse and Perlane can be used for facial shaping and contouring but remember fillers add volume and the indiscriminate filling, of the face, makes the face look like a puffer fish or chipmunk.  If the face has loose skin and muscle, these need to be removed with some type of Face Lift.   Filling stuff up...isn't the proper aesthetic solution.

Be sure the plastic and cosmetic surgeon, you select, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face.

Radiesse for facial volume enhancement

+2

Agree that radiesse is an excellent filler that provides volume as well as collagen production. Doubt that the use you are intending (face lift effect) will occur with the areas you propose. Generally cheek Radiesse, preauricular (front of ears) and along the jawline may pull the face up a bit but filler in back of the earlobes will do nothing.

In response to the other posters so far -  Drs Barnett and Lee - I will agree that patients should seek out core Board Certified Specialists (such as are allowed on this site - Plastic Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery, Dermatology and Oculoplastic Surgery). This is not the place for a turf war between specialists all of which are well trained and can do an excellent job.

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse For Facial Volume Loss

+2

For one, you should never be asked to "leave the premises" for asking a question. Radiesse is an excellent filler for adding volume back to the face as it is a more robust filler and helps build new collagen.  Every individual is different and every injector has different techniques. Radiesse can be injected into many areas but should not be injected into certain areas because of the type of filler it is.  Your injector (who hopefully is a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon) should be able to look at the areas bothering you and use the right injectable fillers and techniques to give you the result you are looking for.  

Channing R. Barnett, MD

+1

Yes, Radiesse is a calcium based product that your own body produces to help stimulate collagen and can help with loss of volume due to age, it can be injected to the nasolabial folds, marionette lines, chin, and pre jowl. It wouldn't have any effect if you were to place it behind the earlobe. Seek a certified physician for an in-person evaluation to determine the best option for you

Radiesse For Loss of Volume

+1

Radiesse is a dermal filler that restores a natural, youthful look with a longer lasting result than standard soft tissue fillers. It typically lasts up to 2-3 years, and is injected to the nasolabial folds, around the mouth, in acne scars and other soft tissue defects with minimal local anesthetic. Radiesse is very effective at providing soft tissue volume to skin that has been depleted by age and sun exposure. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Radisse is a great filler to add volume to the face if done properly

+1

You should see a board certified surgeon that has done many injections and has a good aesthetic sens. It would be great to see pictures or actual patients treated by the surgeon to avoid ending up like so many people with an unnatural look that gives our profession a bad name.

Good luck

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Use of Radiesse for loss of volume in the face

+1

Radiesse has given physicians and patients a new dimension in facial contouring by revolumizing the aging face through a minimally invasive approach. Radiesse injections are well-tolerated by patients. They have a low incidence of side effects and result in high patient satisfaction. Volume replacement is now the most widely used nonsurgical cosmetic treatment for the correction of contour deficiencies and wrinkles of the face without the risk, recovery time, and expense of major surgery. Wrinkle lines or folds are really just the first obvious visible signs of a slow progressive change taking place in all structures of the face. Radiesse is not injected directly into these wrinkle lines and folds, but rather into multiple areas of the face to treat the volume loss that leads to their appearance. This leads to the subtle and natural-looking results that are so often desired. Patients don’t want to look “done” but also don’t want to look “tired”. Seemingly small changes in shape, proportions, balance, and symmetry can have a surprisingly large effect on our perception of the face. The video link below shows me injecting my wife with Radiesse into the lower cheeks, marionette lines, and jaw line!

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Using fillers for volume loss

+1

Many fillers can be used for volume loss and Radiesse is a good choice. However, I rarely suggest Radiesse for a first time filler patient. There is no counter product to Radiesse, so if you for some reason aren't happy, you cannot take it out, unlike with HA fillers like Restylane and Juvederm. Many injectors have facial locations they like to use certain fillers and places where other fillers are best. I'd recommend that you see a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and go over your areas of concern and see what he or she recommends. Quite frankly, any doctor shouldn't ask you to leave if you're asking legitimate questions, so don't be concerned about that.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Radiesse is a filler for small areas unless you have a fortune.

+1

If someone has smile lines, Radiesse is a good choice. But from all the areas you mentioned youu would need a caulking gun full to do this at a cost of $10,000 for a two year result.

See an experienced surgeon for a definitive plan.

Filler to the face

+1

The best filler to the face is FAT.

Fillers do not replace the need for a face lift.

You need a thorough evaluation of your aging process, skin tone and loss of volume. Then one can advise you better.