Radiesse for Jaw Line?

Does Radiesse work well along the jaw line (small area), or would something else be better?

Radiesse can work well but needs several treatments.

+5

Radiesse is an injectible filler made from calcium hydroxylapatite, a mineral found in tooth enamel. It is biocompatible with our bodies.

When used in areas to increase volume such as the jawline, good results require several treatments over the course of a year. In a typical syringe of Radiesse, 70% of the volume injected is just carrier gel. It goes away in about 12 weeks. The other 30% is the mineral. It will be the building block for new collagen volume to be laid down.

I typically have my patients come for a booster at 12 weeks to add onto the last layer I placed earlier. I think of it as building a wall, one layer of bricks at a time. It is a great volumizer to build a lasting change in the areas treated. I don't think of it as filler which is more temporary (eg. Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm, etc.), but as a material that will add long term volume to areas that have shrunk with aging of the face.

Good luck,

Dr. Shah

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Jawline fillers?

+4
Both Radiesse and Voluma are wonderful fillers for the jawline. Injecting this area can help with jowls and can redrape the facial skin such than marionette lines and nasolabial folds are less deep.

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Radiesse is great for the jawline

+4

Radiesse is my favorite product to minimize the appearance of the jowl. By injecting Radiesse along the jaw line, right in front of the jowl, the jowls look less noticeable. Keep in mind that this treatment does not do anything to the cheek or jowl directly.

Nothing will "fix" a sagging cheek/jowl short of surgery, but Radiesse injections really do help. Especially if your jowls are just starting to show, or you really do not want to have surgery, Radiesse would be a great choice.

Jordana S. Gilman, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse for the jaw line

+2

Best indications for Radiesse are in the nasolabial folds, jaw line and chin. Radiesse is calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres that last approximately 12 - 18 months.

Radiesse can cause lumpiness in the lips and should be avoided. Radiesse has few side effects - lumping, bruising and swelling.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Radiesse on the area works well as a temporary effect

+2

Fillers in general work well to camouflage this area. The ideal treatment is usually surgical addressing the jowl area during the face lift. However, Radiesse on the jaw line is an effiicent non-surgical method.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

The jaw line is the best place for Radiesse

+2

I use all the FDA approved fillers and Radiesse is the best in the marionette and jawline. Hands down. Radiesse is mor eof a structural filler than hyaluronic acid and therefore gives the support and shape these areas need.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Radiesse for jaw line

+1
Yes it does but in this small area right in front of your jowls many of the fillers work well.  I love  radiesse for the cheek area and after I've finished filling the cheeks I will use the rest of the syringe on the nasolabial folds, jowls and jaw line.

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Radiesse is great for this area!

+1

Radiesse does work very well to correct larger contour defects. This material, calcium hydroxyapatite, lasts longer that its hyaluronic counterparts. One of the drawbacks to calcium hydroxyapatite is that it cannot be dissolved like hyaluronic acid – if you’re displeased with the outcome, you just ride it out with time.  But if you love the improvement, and we hope you do, expected 18 months before you would need another touch up in the area.

Bobby Buka, MD

Radiesse is ideal for the jaw line

+1

Radiesse is made up of bone minerals (calcium and phosphate) and so the product is most appropriately placed over the bone. Along the jaw line, the product is most often injected directly over the bone in the area in front of the "jowls". This helps to restore the natural smooth jawline from the chin back to the ear. Less of this filler is required than most other fillers to fill the prejowl sulcus. Take a look at representative pictures to get an idea of how this will help you.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

Radiesse at the Jawline

+1

Radiesse is a great filler for along the jaw line.  It is a very common place to inject it in my practice to minimize the jowls and help prolong the need for surgery.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD