Radiesse to Fill in Nose?

I have a "divit" in my nose because too much cartilage/bone was taken out to in rhinoipplasy 25 years ago. I am told Radiesse could fill in the area--directly under the bridge to complement the other side of my nose, which is normal, and allow my glasses to stop sliding down. I am afraid of side effects.

Radiesse for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

Radiesse is a long-lasting filler whose greatest advantage is that it enhances your own collagen to form around it.  It has been very helpful for nonsurgical midface lifting.  Be cautious in the nose.  The thin skin of the bridge allows any little irregularity to show.  If there is a Radiesse irregularity, it can not be easily removed.  Therefore, a product that is more easily reversed might be safer for this unforgiving area.  I usually prefer a hyaluronic acid (like Restylane or Juvederm) for this problem.  They are easy to inject precisely and can be readily reversed with hyaluronidase if there is a problem.  They reliably last about one year in the nose.  Good luck!

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filling in nasal defect

+1

Any Injectables filler in the nose has its advantages and disadvantages. If you are planning on some long term filler such as Radiesse or silicone, it should be done with multiple sessions to build up the correction. My personal approach to such a situation is to use a degradable  filler such as Restylane, Juvederm  or Collagen to see if injectable fillers can achieve a satisfactory correction. This way you can know the approximate needed volume and if the result is not satisfactory, it will go away. The hyaluronic acid products might be best as the effect can be reversed with an injection of Hyaluronidase.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse for nose depression

+1

Radiesse has been used to augment depressions in the nose. You should see and ENT Facial Plastic, or Plastic Surgeon, to ensure that there is no connection with vital structures below the depression that might allow the filler to travel to sinuses.

Ronald Shelton, MD