Is Radiesse Effective for Deep Furrows Above the Upper Lip?

On the pucker lines?

Radiesse is dangerous in the lip lines

+1

For deep upper lip lines, traditional Laser Resurfacing plus Botox can be very effective. (I love my Luxar CO2 Laser with computer pattern generator).The only problem is that there are 7-8 days of downtime. Otherwise, a Fractionated CO2 Laser treatment (Pixel, etc) can almost obtain the same results, except that you would need 5 or 6 repeat treatments 4 weeks apart. There is minimal downtime with the fractionated CO2 Laser.

Radiesse is great for treating the melolabial folds, enhancing the cheeks and chin and other areas, but NEVER in the lip lines.

Chicago Dermatologist

Upper lip lines can be treated with fillers

+1

Gentle restoration of fullness in the lips reduces vertical lines around the mouth. Radiesse is not used for this purpose though. Hyaluronic acid products like Juvederm and Restylane work very well for this purpose.

Elizabeth Slass Lee, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse is a good deep filler but should NOT be used in the Lips

+1

Lip lines can be smoothed with a variety of modalities:
- Fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm. (NOT Radiesse or other viscous fillers)
- Laser Resurfacing (Try the Sciton Profile or Joule Erbium resurfacing)
- Small doses of Botox to relax the underlying muscles (Should be done by a Doctor familiar with the anatomy and with small doses ONLY)

I would strongly caution you against putting anything the lip such as Radiesse, ,PMMA, ArteFill, or Silicon.

Dr. P. Aldea

Upper lip fillers

+1

The vertical lines of the uuper skin-colored lip aree best treated by the hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm. In the right candidates, Botox or Dysport, used off-label, may minimize the pursing of the muscle and make the lines less visible and possibly lengthen the duration of the fillers.Radiesse is not to be used in the red lips because it may form lumps. The lines of the lip can be very difficult to treat in some patients even with dermabrasion or old type- carbon dioxide laser resurfacing which can turn the lip lighter, the lines can come back as the lip continues to"accordion."

Ronald Shelton, MD

Radiesse should not be injected too close to mouth

+1

Radiesse is a great filler for cheeks and nasolabial folds, and for the hands, but it spells trouble too close to the mouth. The movement of the lip muscles tends to ball it up into lumps.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Radiesse for Deep Furrows Above the Lip....No No No

+1

Hi Ballpark Mom,

Radiesse should not be used in the lips as it has a history of forming lumps and bumps. Deep furrows above the lips can be treated with small doses of Botox or Dysport plus hyaluronic acid fillers (Restylane/Juvederm). Fractionated CO2 laser treatments are effective as well.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Radiesse for lip enhancement

+1

Radiesse is a firm product that works well in areas that are less mobile than the lip. That being said I have used it there very deep and find it works however some complain that the lip becomes a little too stiff for their likening. I have gone to Juvederm Ultra Plus or Restylane in this area. Best wishes.

Charles Perry, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon