Will Radiesse Distribute Better if Massaged?

I was injected with Radiesse 9 days ago. My cheeks have too much volume. Will the bolme lower with massages given at the Doctor's office?

The doctor will mold the Radiesse with massage

+1

We generally don’t recommend that patients massage Radiesse. Often, the doctor will mold the Radiesse with massage as he’s injecting it and then will ask the patient to leave it alone. If there’s any irregularity with the Radiesse, you can have the doctor check it and if you have a lump, the doctor may have you massage it to bring it down.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Radiesse and Massage

+1

Hi,

I recently injected Radiesse into a clear plastic gel tube that looked like a clear sausage.  The Radiesse representative had it with injectable Radiesse at the Facial Cosmetic Surgery 2010 meeting.  Surprisingly, when the bolus of Radiesse was massaged and pressed, it spread out like leaves of coral. 

Unfortunately I do not believe that massage at this time will decrease your Radiesse volume.  Massage may help to smooth out any lumps or bumps.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Massage after Radiesse

+1

Afer nine days from Radiess, i doubt any significant resolution will be accomplished by massaging. There may be inflammation giving more volume than you will truly recognize eventually. You should be patient and followup with your physician in a few weeks.