Radiesse to Correct Curved Nose After Rhinoplasty?

Should I try Radiesse? Will it give the appearance of a larger or wider nose? Please Help. Somewhat frustrated.

You may be a candidate for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty.

+2

You should seek consultation from a board-certified facial plastic surgeon experienced in rhinoplasty surgery, and see many photos demonstrating favorable results.

My patients and I have been very pleased with the "off-label" usage of Silikon-1000 (permanent injectable filler) in the nose to correct a crooked appearance. If your nose is too wide, any filler, including Radiesse, could make things wider.

Feel free to post / email me a full-face picture, and I'll be glad to give you my thoughts. I've attached a link to my Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty page for your perusal.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/ProcedureNameID/731/PageID/4141

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse Filler to Correct Curved Nose After Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi Marc,

Difficult to answer your question without examining your nose. I would speak with your rhinoplasty surgeon, or a rhinoplasty surgeon who uses Radiesse augmentation in the nose.

If done in small increments by an experience surgeon, the results should be natural.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Radiesse in the Nose

+2

Radiesse has been used to add shape or volume to the nose in some circumstances. When used in small volumes for very discreet depressions it can be helpful. However when used in large volumes to try and achieve a "rhinoplasty" the results are disappointing and often short lived. There have also been some problems with granulation (chronic inflammation) in some patients. This can take months or years to go away.

If you are looking for a permanent solution to the problem it is much better to consult with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and consider all options, not just the quick use of a filler which may not work out well.

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Take care when injecting a filler into the nose

+1

I would not recommend the use of radiesse or any other filler to correct a problem after rhinoplasty. Even if this gave you some degree of correction it would be far from perfect and not permanent. Any injectable filler use in the nose should only be performed by a surgeon who is experienced and knowledgeable of the anatomy of the nose. Radiesse, if injected too superficially can be a problem and very difficult to remove if the result is not acceptable. A better choice would be to return to your plastic surgeon, explain your problem and come up with a solution.

Radiesse for Post Rhinplasty Defects

+1

Radiesse can be used for smaller defects to create the illusion of a straighter nose or to correct a depression.  I have submitted a photo of the latter as an example and this should be available tomorrow.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon