Radiesse for Crow's Feet

can  radiesse be used for crows feet ?

Radiesse is not used by most doctors for Crows feet

+1

Crows feet are best treated by Botox, Dysport or Xeomin as they relax the muscles and it is the muscle contraction that makes the skin fold on itself.  Fillers can look lumpy at rest if thick, and Radiesse is a thick filler so avoid it in this region! Radiesse is meant to be injected more deeply in the subcutaneous compartment and the skin and subQ of the perioribtal area is very thin. If any filler is used, Restylane might be but here too, it may cause some lumps and even a bluish color. Some doctors may dilute it for this area with anesthetic, off-label. There may be a thinner product of Restylane coming to market eventually and this would be better for tis area.

Radiesse not for crow's feet

+1

I prefer to use Botox, Restylane or both in the thinner tissues surrounding the eyes.  Radiesse is an excellent filler which should be used in other areas of the face.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Radiesse id not for Crow's Feet

+1

Because Radiesse is so thick, it is not approved for correction of Crows feet. Botox cosmetic will help eliminate Crow's feet by weakening the orbicularis muscle that causes Crow's feet. For deeper lines, hyaluronic acid fillers are more appropriate.

Karen Vaniver, MD

Radiesse for crow's feet?

+1

Radiesse is firmer than most fillers, so it’s a frequent fix for deep grooves and to enhance bony contours. You may benefit more from Botox for that area. Botox is one of the best things around for eliminating fine lines and wrinkles, such as crow's feet. Rather than "plumping" like collagen and fat, Botox blocks the impulses that nerves send to muscles, essentially paralyzing the muscles and diminishing their ability to tense. Using a very fine needle, the surgeon injects Botox in small doses where the facial muscles are most active--between the eyebrow and at the sides of the eyes, or beside the mouth even. It takes one to three days to see the effects, and the treated area will continue to improve for up to two weeks. That's when I schedule my patients to return, to see if a touch-up is needed. However, injection techniques can vary. It’s the art and science of what doctors do, and it’s important to choose your doctor wisely. I suggest finding a physician with plenty of experience using this product. 

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Radiesse to crowsfeet....

+1

NO!  Botox or Dysport are ideal for treating "crowsfeet".  These 2 products relax the muscle movements and decrease animation wrinkles.  Radiesse is too thick for this area.

Good luck.  Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens        

Grant Stevens, MD

Radiesse for Crows Feet

+1

Cows feet are dynamic lines and best treated with a neuro-toxin such and Dysport or Botox. A study just out, shows Dysport has better results on the Crows feet than Botox.

Radiesse should be avoided under the eyes , crows feet, and lips, as the dynamic action of the obicularis muscle can lead to nodularity. Hyaluronic acid is much better in these areas.

Jon M. Grazer, MD, MPH
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse Not Recommended for Crow's Feet

+1

Radiesse is a great filler when used properly, however the crow's feet area is NOT the right place to use it. The skin is too thin and lumpiness will result if Radiesse is injected here.  Even hyaluronic acid fillers should be used cautiously here, if at all.  Neurotoxins such as Botox and Dysport are the best option, 

James Bartels, MD
Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse for Treatment of Crow's Feet.

+1

My first line of defense for crow's feet is Botox.  Sometimes we will go back and use a filler in this area if it is warrented.  Typically we would use a HA based filler, (Restylane or Juvederm).  Radiesse is usually reserved for injection into deeper layers of the skin.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Do Not Use Radiesse To Treat Crow’s Feet Lines And Wrinkles

+1

Crow’s feet lines and wrinkles are primarily caused by contraction of the orbicularis oculi muscle, but the amount of skin damage and laxity plays a role as well. The best treatment, therefore, should be aimed at treating the cause of these lines. Botox and Dysport relax the orbicularis muscle and reduce its contraction, thereby reducing the wrinkling of the overlying skin. Prolonged reduction of muscle contractions will therefore reduce the number of visible wrinkles in the overlying skin, and the crow’s feet will improve.

Soft tissue fillers may be used to fill lines and wrinkles. However, in the crow’s feet area, they do nothing to reduce the underlying muscle contraction and therefore the major cause of these lines and wrinkles remains untreated. Fillers may provide an improved appearance at rest, but once the orbicularis muscle contracts all those crow’s feet lines will be immediately visible. In contrast, Botox and Dysport will reduce both dynamic and resting crow’s feet lines.

Radiesse is composed of calcium-phosphate microspheres suspended in a gel. It is white in color and has a pastier consistency than the hyaluronic acid gel fillers. Radiesse is generally meant to be used in the subdermal plane or deeper in the subcutaneous tissues. If used superficially within the skin, or beneath very thin skin (like the eyelids and periorbital region), Radiesse may be visible and/or appear irregular or lumpy. Radiesse is very good for midface volume restoration and contouring, where it is placed deeply in the subcutaneous tissues and over the bone.

Botox or Dysport should be the primary treatment for crow’s feet lines and wrinkles. If soft tissue fillers are to be used in the lower eyelid and crow’s feet then Juvederm and Restylane would be better options. Meticulous placement is performed with a very fine needle, and should be done by an experienced injector.

Kenneth Dembny, II, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse for Crow's Feet

+1

Radiesse should be injected  into the deeper layers of the skin and therefore I do not use this filler in the thin skin of the crow's feet. I will use Juvederm and Restylane in this area. The best treatment is Botox.