Is It Normal To Have Severe Allergic Reactions To Radiesse?

Do many people have bad antithoractive response to radiesse, throat closing, hives, swollen hands or feet?

Anaphylactic reactions with Radiesse

+1

I have never heard of this type of reaction to Radiesse but it is theoretically possible but highly unlikely. However given the severity of these symptoms that must be treated immediately and taken seriously.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Severe Allergic Reaction to Radiesse

+1

You are describing a very serious anaphylactic reaction to the Radiesse, which has never been reported to my knowledge. Allergic reactions are unusual and are confined to the tissue where the calcium hydroxyapatite was injected. If you had such a problem I doubt it was caused by the Radiesse.

+1

I have used Radiesse on many patients for facial augmentation of the cheeks, chin and jaw line without them experiencing the symptoms you describe.  You might want to contact the company rep for more information on reported allergic reactions.

Reaction to Radiesse

+1

The reaction that you describe: Swollen tongue with closing of the throat, swollen hands and hives, is an Anaphylactic shock. It has not been  described following injection of Radiesse, which is Calcium Hydroxyapatite, an inert  calcium salt.

However, some Doctors  mix the Radiesse with Lidocaine. Very rare cases of Anaphylactic shock to Lidocaine have  been reported.

Generally speaking, injections of Radiesse are very safe.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Severe Allergic Reactions To Radiesse ae Uncommon

+1

You describe a life threatening anaphylactic shock - a major allergic reaction. While it can potentially happen, I have NEVER heard nor seen such a reaction in one of our patients in in the patients of known colleagues of mine.

Allergic reactions to radiesse

+1
I have never seen a patient with an acute anencephalic reaction to Radiesse. Localized reactions can occur, in the form of inflammation which will resolve over time.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Allergic reactions to Radiesse

+1

Allergic reactions to Radiesse are quite rare. Typical adverse reactions include localized hypersensitivity reactions, injection site inflammation which typically resolves spontaneously within one to two days, and inflammatory nodules known as granulomas. A granuloma will take six to twenty-four months to form after the injection. The allergic reactions you describe are immediate, systemic hypersensitivity reactions which, to my knowledge, have not been reported with Radiesse injections. Typical side effects associated with Radiesse injections include bruising, redness, swelling and pain. These occur in as high as 90% of patients and usually resolve within one week.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon