I Didn't Get Enough Radiesse in my Cheeks, What Can I Do To Fix This?

Hi. I am a 43 yr old female. I have these lateral lines that go across my cheeks that I have had since birth and they have gotten worse as I have gotten older. I have lost some volume in my face so it makes it look worse. I had radiesse injected in my cheeks 8 days ago and I my left cheek isn't as good as my right. I need a little more. They used 1 syringe in each cheek. I don't want to pay anything else; I want them to fix my left cheek like my right one.

Radiesse in cheeks

+1

Radiesse works very well to volumize the cheeks and I use this product daily to do so with very high patient satisfaction.  Every face is asymmetrical, some more than others.  I often place a great deal more product on one side of the face to improve the asymmetry but I always tell the patient that it is nearly impossible to attain perfect symmetry.  I would recommend you return to your provider after two weeks and, if still needed, simply have them place additional product on the left side to improve your symmetry.  Of course, you would be expected to pay for the additional product and time of your provider. 

Best Regards,

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD

Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Didn't get enough Radiesse

+1

Certainly, you can have more Radiesse injected in order to improve symmetry.  The bad news is that I think it will be necessary for you to pay the doctor for the material and his time, although possibly at a reduced price.  The good news is that Radiesse comes in different syring sizes and this may substantially reduce the cost of the next treatment.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Radiesse to Cheeks...

+1

Everyone is a little asymmetrical and if one side needs more volume, the provider should not have to swallow the cost of the syringe for you.  It is common that if the patient needs more after all the swelling has subsided they DO pay for another syringe.  I'm not quite sure what exactly you are expecting us to answer with this statement.  Radiesse is excellent for cheek volumization and I think once you get the desired volume you will be very happy with your end result.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens       

Grant Stevens, MD

Radiesse

+1

Radiesse injections to enhance or augment lost volume, is a very good procedure. The problem is balance. I always tell patients to be ready to buy additional product for this very issue. When injecting large volumes swelling may distort enought that the surgeon is mislead. Touch ups may be needed but the cost and size of the syringe should be far less than originally.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Not enough radiesse i n the cheeks

+1

Radiesse is an excellent volumizing filler and stimulator of Collagen production.

It also absorbs substantial amounts of water.

The uneven appearance of your cheeks may disappear after all the water is reabsorbed (1-3 days).

If the cheeks are still uneven, then some extra Radiesse can be injected from a smaller size syringe.

The price for this adjustment  can be  negotiated in some practices and not in others.

Make sure you are being treated by an experienced Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

What to do if Radiesse injection was not enough

+1

Different people require different amounts of filler for proper correction.  If there was not enough Radiesse on one side, then more needs to be injected.  One syringe of Radiesse per side is a good conservative place to start for someone who needs volume correction.  Since Radiesse cannot be dissolved or removed, a conservative approach on first injection is the way to go.

It is not reasonable to expect that if you need more product it should be injected for free.  There are two sizes of Radiesse syringes.  Perhaps you just need the smaller one for the cheek that needs more filler.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse is an excellent option for volumizing cheeks naturally

+1

Sometimes there can be swelling after the treatment even if there is no apparent bruising. I would wait at least 4-6 weeks to see how everything settles before deciding if you need more. Some people do need more product for optimal correction, and there would be a cost for that, but the good news is that once you get there you need less product over time to maintain that correction since the collagen stimulation tends to last longer and longer.

Doris Day, MD

Didn't get both cheeks the same augmentation and want more?

+1

Fillers like Radiesse and Perlane are sold by the syringe and if the MD used the entire syringe, IMHO, you can complain about the product placement and next time seek another MD for the injections however, the syringe was used.  If you require additioanl augmentation, you'll most certainly have to buy another syringe of the same or smaller size.  IMHO, you should contact the MD that did your injection and see what they say.

Radiesse in cheeks

+1

While injecting Radiesse the areas tend to swell so it is sometimes difficult to see assymetry until the swelling has come down a bit.  Everyone's facial features are assymetric to begin with as well.  It sounds like you just need a bit more material added to your left cheek.  I would return to whomever injected you to address this problem.  Radiesse is expensive, but perhaps your injector might offer you a discount!  It never hurts to ask.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Not Enough Radiesse

+1

Radiesse is not a filler but a stimulator of your own collagen which then acts to volumize tissue in a gradual, progressive, and predictable manner. Since Radiesse is not reversible, it is always best to go slow and add more as needed. If you still need a little more Radiesse in one cheek you should return to your physician injector. There are smaller sized "touch up" syringes that are less expensive but I don't think anyone will inject them for free.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon