Could Radiesse Injections Have Compromised Cheek Muscles?

I had radiesse injected 14 months ago. My cheeks look like they're being pulled down. My cheeks were high and defined before the injections but now they look pushed down when I smile. Its worse on the left so my face is crooked when I smile. The naso-labial fold is a different shape on the left side. Will this ever go away and could the injections have hurt the muscles in my cheeks?

Radiesse can be injected into the cheek and can traumatize the muscles over time

+1

Radiesse can be injected into the cheek and can traumatize the muscles over time. But the muscles will recover once the Radiesse dissolves.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Radiesse provides temporary improvement

+1

It is doubtful that any permanent impairment is produced by Radiesse. See your doctor to evaluate your concerns.  The bulk of the product may interfere with your smile but this is expected to diminish with time.

Ronald Shelton, MD