Radiesse on the Cheekbones?

Should I get Radiesse injected above each cheekbone to get rid of the appearance of puffiness under my eyes? I was told by my plastic surgeon this would be an effective way to reduce the appearance of puffiness.

Radiesse for Cheeks

+1

Radiesse is a great filler to restore lost cheek volume and the results can be quite amazing.  It may also reduce the appearance of puffiness below the eyes.  However, if you are considering having the hollows or tear troughs directly below the lower lids filled, it is preferable to use Restylane or Juvederm because there is less chance of lumpiness or nodules in this thin-skinned area with HA fillers.

Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

It is an option

+1

In my opinion, filler in the upper cheek is a safer way to improve hollowing under the eyes, rather than injecting in that thin skin. Radiesse is an option, as is Juvederm, Restylane and Perlane. I'd go with the recommendation of your physician.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Radiesse on cheekbones

+1

Radiesse is a nice filler for cheek augmentation. When placed in the correct location and with good technique, it can also help correct the volume loss that occurs under the eyes. If the volume loss extends into the lower eyelid, some practitioners prefer restylane filler because of the potential for the formation of nodules in the thin eyelid skin. If Radiesse is going to be used, the volume should be limited and the material injected deep. Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist