Can Anyone Help my Radiesse Cheek Removal After Two Years?

I am a male and had radiesse in my cheeks over two years ago and it has ruined my smile. I originally went in for my nasal folds (?) and my doctor talked me into a little in my cheeks. My cheeks are now blocky and just doesn't look good. Is there any advice on how to remove or surgery action to take that will reshape them?

Radiesse is not permanent

+1

Radiesse is not considered a semi-permanent or permanent filler. Although the filler initially was mentioned by the company when first marketed as a filler with 2 years or more duration, clinically, most doctors observe its duration to be about a year, and some less, and some more.  You may obtain a worse result by having doctors trying to inject something to lessen the filler (there is no "antidote") or to surgically remove the filler. There should be no reason, unless the filler was something other than Radiesse,

Radiesse

+1

Unfortunately, you just experienced what can happen when you are dealing with semi-permanent injectables like Radiesse-surgery to remove is very risky and may make things look worse-only time will make it smotth out

I don;t like working with irreversible injectables for that reason and am very selectivee on what patients I use Radiesse

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Not sure you have Radieese in your cheeks if it's lasted 2 years.

+1

I use Radiesse frequently to augment the cheeks, chin and jaw line and it lasts 12 months at best. If you still have augmentation in your cheeks and nasolabial folds, I'd be questioning the MD that did your injections for what was actually injected. I've had numerous patients come to me, here in Beverly Hills, to remove the Bioalchamid after they had it injected into their cheeks in Europe and Asia.

Radiesse Cannot be Reversed

+1

Having surgery to remove Radiesse is risking making things even worse. Radiesse reportedly lasts 12 to 15 months and will gradually resolve over time and your cheeks will return to normal. Radiesse is not reversible.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Removing radiesse

+1

Without surgery, you cannot remove the Radiesse. However, it will disappear on it's own over more time. This why permanent injectables are dangerous.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD