What Are the Best Areas to Have Radiesse?

Radiesse best used on nasolabial folds, jaw line and chin

+3

Best indications for Radiesse are in the nasolabial folds, jaw line and chin.

Radiesse is calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres that last approximately 12 - 18 months.

Radiesse can cause lumpiness in the lips and should be avoided.

Radiesse has few side effects - lumping, bruising and swelling.

Buffalo General Surgeon

What are the best areas to have radiesse

+1
Radiesse is perfect for the Cheek area and can achieve lifting in addition to filling in this area.  When placed deeply near the bone it will lift the overlying soft tissues up and creates a mini face lift. It actually will improve the nasolabial folds and jowls just by the lift.  It's also great for injecting the lower face but here it is used as a filler like other products.

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Radiesse options in Los Angeles

+1

I use a lot of Radiesse and feel that it is a great filler for the cheeks, nasolabial folds, jowls, and jawline. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Radiesse is best used in Cheeks, Smile lines, and Jawline

+1

Radiesse is made up of naturally found bone minerals (calcium and phosphate) and so it is a thicker, firmer material which should be placed in thick skin or directly over bone for the best results. Thus, the cheeks and jawline are ideal for this filler. Radiesse can be placed directly over the bone in the cheeks to give a natural lift and change the appearance of the face so that it looks younger by reversing the sagging of the cheeks that occurs with age. In the jawline, Radiesse can be used in front of the sagging jowls in the prejowl sulcus to smooth out the jawline. The last area that Radiesse is really great for is in the folds around your smile (also called the nasolabial folds). Less volume is usually needed to give the same results you would see with Juvederm or Restylane in this area.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

What Are the Best Areas to Have Radiesse

+1

The best area by far is deep over the cheek bones. This will give a softer and more  youthful appearance to the face.  It can also be injected deep in the nasolabial fold area and the jowls.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Areas for Radiesse

+1

One of the more popular places Radiesse is applied to is the at the nasolabial folds.  Results are instant, and almost as if an eraser was used to make those lines disappear.  Radiesse can also be applied to areas on the chin, jawline, marionette lines, and smile lines.

"Dr.D"

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

What the the best areas for Radiesse injections?

+1

I use Radiesse to shape the cheeks, chin and jaw line.  It does work well in the nasolabila folds however due to its thick nature it sometimes can be seen when patients smile and for that reason, I prefer Perlane in the nasolabial folds. 

Deep Tissue Sites

+1

Radiesse is a thick Calcium based filler which should be used only in deep tissue injections such as;

• Nasolabial folds,
  • cheek hollows and
  • flat bony prominences.

I inject Radiesse in patients with flat cheek bones to avoid cheek implant surgery. It is also very effective in filling dents on the lower jaw bone to camouflage depression in front of the jowls.

Ivan Thomas, MD (retired)

Radiesse: the injectable implant

+1

I have utilized Radiesse in a fashion I would call the injectable implant. It can be used to simulate cheek or chin or small nasal implants as well as filling the nasolabial folds. 

Best areas for Radiesse

+1

Radiesse is an excellent "foundational filler", meaning it should not be placed too superficially.  I find it is excellent in cheeks, cheekbones, nasoloabial folds as well as along the jaw line.  An experienced injector will advise on the best filler and location for you.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon