Can Radiesse and Restylane Both Be Present in the Nose at the Same Time for Non-surgical Rhinoplasty?

I've had Radiesse injection for nasal bridge augmentation, but I want to switch to Restylane. Do I need to wait for the Radiesse to completely disintegrate, or is it safe to have two different fillers in the nose concurrently? If so, will the Radiesse eventually completely disintegrate as I continue to get touch-ups with Restylane, until all that's left in my nose is Restylane?

Radiesse Combined With Perlane L Works Well For Nonsurgical Nose Jobs

+1

Radiesse, a calcium-based volumizer, can most certainly be combined with a hyaluronic acid-based filler, such as Restylane. I have been performing nonsurgical nose jobs for more than a decade already and routinely combine Radiesse with a variety of hyaluronic acid filler or volumizers, either layering them or actually combining them within the same syringe depending upon the particular need or problem being addressed--whether treating droopy nasal tips, dents in the top or sides of the nose, surface irregularities, or bumps and humps of the bridge. 

For treating a depressed or bumped nasal bridge, I prefer to combine Radiesse with a more robust lifting agent, Perlane L, which is part of the Restylane family of products, but is composed of larger particles than Restylane itself. If, for whatever reason, you wish to avoid the use of Radiesse altogether, I would personally opt for the Perlane relative of Restylane, rather than more conventional Restylane product for its greater lifting capacity and greater durability of response. 

Combining Radiesse and Restylane for nonsurgical rhinoplasty

+1

Radiesse and restylane can both be in your nose at the same time. Radiesse is generally the more cost effective treatment for non surgical rhinoplasty so you many want to consult with another experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon to explore your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Non surgical rhinoplasty with Restylane or Radiesse

+1

Good questions.  You can certainly have either filler safely in your nose at the same time. I have been using it safely for almost decade in the nose.  As a Facial Plastic Surgeon I would say that certain areas of the nose may be better suited for one filler versus another- especially if there is a history of previous nasal surgery which changes the native anatomy of the nose.

Good Luck

Robert F. Gray, MD, FACS

Robert F. Gray, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

No, you can use both Radiesse and Restylane at the same time.  We often combine different facial fillers for layering.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Fillers for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

To answer your question, it is ok to have both the Radiesse and Restylane in your nose at the same time.  In our practice, however, we use liquid injectable silicone for all our non-surgical (liquid) rhinoplasties as it is very precise and permanent.  If you are going to stick with either Restylane or Radiesse, I would go with Radiesse as it is longer-lasting than Restylane. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Radiesse or Restylane for liquid rhinoplasty

+1

Either Radiesse or Restylane can be used for a “liquid rhinoplasty” but Radiesse is much longer lasting.  If you liked the results from the first injection then I would recommend that you stay with Radiesse but you can mix them.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon